“Worth the Drive” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 restaurants in Waterside
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Waterfront fine dining featuring local and gourmet menu.
Halifax, Canada
“Worth the Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I'd been to Cape Enrage about five years ago. The road to the Cape had been rutted and when we got there, there were no facilities at all. This time, July 2011, the road was smooth, and at the Cape, there was a gift house and well-kept washrooms, and best of all, a delightful restaurant with a wide deck for those who wanted to eat outside and enjoy the air.

I choose the green salad and it was superb, with crisp, fresh lettuces and an excellent light dressing. My entre was a lobster taco, and it was fabulous, with lots of lobster meat nestled in a crip taco and topped by caviar. I finished my meal with the parsnip cake with fluffy cream cheese and organge frosting. It was chosen out of curiosity and devoured to the last crumb because it was so yummy. Who would have thought a lowly parsnip could taste so good.

The tea was hot, and the young woman who served us was pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. I couldn't have asked for me.

My partner was equally delighted by the meal. We've told several people about this plaace and we will return next year.

95% Recommend
Ottawa
“Unexpected... but perfected!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I began our long awaited vacation to New Brunswick starting in St. Andrews. We followed the coast line through small villages and towns until we hit Alma. Up until this point we had experienced the mundane, the bland, and the downright terrible meal experience that you wouldn't expect from a coastal Province like New Brunswick.
In Alma my husband suggested we visit a tourist site called Cape Enrage. While we were there we decided to eat at the restaurant on site... which turned into a culinary delight! Starting with the house mixed greens and twisted caesar salad, these appetizers had fresh and local produce, and was arguably the best salads we've ever had. We moved on to have the local catch of the day, and the Keeper Burger. Both dishes were surprisingly aromatic with a taste to go along with it. I wouldn't usually try the catch of the day as a newbie to the fish world, but the description made by the staff sounded delightful... and it was absolutely amazing. My husband (not as adventurous as I) went with the burger... he simply stated that this was the best burger he has ever tasted... and he knows burgers!!!
The staff was thoughtful, courteous and pleasant .
If anywhere in the Bay of Fundy region I highly suggest you visit the Cape House Restaurant in Cape Enrage. It is now a secret revealed.

Visited July 2011
Ottawa, Canada
“Picturesque view complimented by Amazing food and Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

A friend of ours had visited the Fundy region this past summer and insisted that on our trip through we made time to stop in at Cape Enrage, specifically the restaurant within the park.
We were delighted to find a menu featuring fresh and local product as well as an amazing local blueberry wine! My wife and I began with two amazing appetizers, I ordered the lobster tacos which were amazing, as were my wife's scallop wontons which she reluctantly shared. After we finished our appetizers we moved on to our mains, I had the "Keeper's Burger" which was the best burger I have had in a long time, my wife had the "Lobster Poutine" which was delicious and unlike anything we have ever had. This restaurant will definitely be one of our destinations on our next trip to the maritimes!

Orono, ME
“Even the fog couldn't dampen this dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband and I rode our motorcycles through the fog to this unknown, unreviewed destination based on a menu we found in our inn in Alma. As the road continued to wind, dip, and dive, our worry grew ever larger. We came to the end of the road and the start of a truly delightful meal.

We started with the Raging Chowder as an antidote to the chilly night air, and this was a wonderful meal in and of itself. The seafood was fresh, the vegetables were perfectly cooked, and this chowder was better than home made.

For my main course, I had the special pheasant wrapped in bacon with parsnips and fiddleheads. Wow. Foodgasmic. That's the only way I know how to describe the pheasant. It was perfectly cooked in a savory sauce that enhanced the wonderful, smoky flavor of the meat. I've had fiddleheads at home - they are a local specialty that I've never much cared for. These were so good that my mother would be pleased to discover that I ate all of my vegetables.

My husband had the scallop gnocchi and found the vegetables to be perfectly cooked, the scallops to be fresh and tasty, and the overall presentation was beautiful.

For desert, we shared a yummy piece of white chocolate sticky bun bread pudding with caramel sauce. That sensation that you just got in your mouth as you imagined it from the description? It tasted even better than that!

The service was gracious and friendly, not pretentious or stuffy. A later look at the Cape Enrage website showed us the view that fog was disguising. Had we had the pleasure of looking out onto the Bay of Fundy and the views of Nova Scotia available on a clear day, our heads might have exploded from the sheer awesomeness of the experience.