“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

1-242-331-2195
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Dive the world class wall of San Salvador with Seafari Bahamas. We offer daily scuba diving trips, both morning and afternoons (& weekly night dive) aboard luxurious catamarans. PADI & CMAS training/certifications If you have never been diving when can teach you in just one morning! We carry SCUBAPRO equipment and Nitrox is available.
Bristow, Virginia
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

When I was 10 a made a big mistake by reading the book Jaws .  This mistake was then greatly compounded by later watching the movie.  Those two things have kept me out of the water most of my life.  The problem is that I absolutely love the ocean, especially the crystal clear waters of the Bahamas.  So when we arrived at Club Med and someone suggested Scuba diving my first reaction was not even with a gun to my head.   As the week wore on, however, I mentioned the idea to my 11 and 13 year olds and they were totally gung ho, so it was time for dad to cowboy up and get into the water.
Since this was my first experience in open water (made even more fearful by the stories of other guests who had been on the dives and were constantly bragging about seeing sharks that were longer than my car) to say I was nervous is a huge understatement.  The water gods were smiling on me however because we got the best scuba instructor out of the whole crew at Seafari and one of the best overall teachers I’ve ever met, Aaron Lee.

Aaron immediately put us ease, made sure we understood how to setup and use our equipment, explained what was going to happen and how we should react and even explained sharks in such a way that I was actually a little excited to see one - maybe.

Since this was an intro to diving class, we went with the snorkeling boat and were only going to go down to about 15 feet.  My wife and I had no problem getting down, but our kids were having issues clearing their ears.  Aaron was incredible.  He held my 11 year old daughter’s hand and attention as he gradually helped her ascend and descend the dive rope.  He was like a momma grizzly with a cub, very protective but also very instructional.  The kids had such a great time that they now want to get certified.

Aaron joined us for dinner that night and kept us all laughing the entire evening with stories that a writer like Jimmy Buffett could turn into hit songs or a new novel.  If the family were to take a vote, I know that Aaron and our dives would win the best part of our vacation award.

About Seafari in general, Jean-Paul runs an outstanding operation.  The equipment was in top shape, the dive boat was incredible and the rest of his team were professional s who’s top concern was safety followed closely by a strong desire that everyone have fun.  Thanks to Susan for all of her help getting signed up and to Beth who taught my daughter she can do anything she wants in life and do it with a smile.

I can’t wait to go diving again, and yes Aaron did introduce me to my first shark and I am proud to say that rather than using up all of my air screaming into my regulator, my heart rate only went up out of excitement.  Thanks Aaron!

Visited August 2012
382Jean_PaulM, Manager at Seafari Bahamas, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
So happy that you have discovered diving and that sharks are cool (no more watching Jaws!). Thank you for the review. Hope to see the family back in San Sal very soon!

London
“Best place to dive in the bahamas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Amazing centre with dedicated international team. They work very hard to make our dives memorable. The dive sites are beautiful and the scope of learning very wide. What a change in a few years. I remember bringing extra equipment for my family and I. No need anymore, since the Seafari shop now carries most of what a diver may have forgotten or broken. A special thank you to Jean-Paul and his tailor made professionalism towards all types of divers.

Visited August 2012
382Jean_PaulM, Manager at Seafari Bahamas, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We love it when someone becomes a "scuba convert". Thank you for your kind words. We'll tell the sharks you miss them! Keep diving and hope to see you again.
Miami Beach, Florida
“Incredible dives with international experimented team!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Jean-Paul and Susan Morales run a very efficient and friendly dive centre.The dive sites are incredible whether you are a beginner (discover diving in the ocean from the dock in crystal clear water,no chlorine added or advanced + you then can experience the sand flats,the caves and tunnels that take you to the wall where small fishes leave and bigger ones come to see.The two dive boats are extremely comfortable (the most comfortable I have ever been on) and the captains will do their outmost to please you. Experimented instructors of all ages and nationalities to suit all divers during the busy summer season. Padi Courses from beginners to divemaster New equipment all the time, possibility to use Nitrox if you are certified. It is located next to Columbus Club Med at the beginning of Bonefish Bay. Great for family divers or groups, or single divers who will always find a buddy with the help of the dive team. French atmosphere and american efficiency,the best of both world!

Visited July 2012
382Jean_PaulM, Manager at Seafari Bahamas, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We are so pleased that you had a good experience and look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic dives, amazing dive team & top-notch dive center-would return in a heart beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was one of the best dive experiences we have ever had. We have enjoyed diving over the years and wanted our three teens to experience the same sense of wonder and get certified. We could not have asked for a better place to do so. Also being part of Club-Med is huge plus. Jean-Paul and Susan run one of the most professional dive centers we have gone to, where we found all the safe and sensible dive elements implemented. Everyone we interacted with were friendly and helpful. Chris, our dive instructor was absolutely terrific and the dives he took us to were truly memorable. The manner in which he put the kids at ease and got them proficient with the scuba core skills was very reassuring and allowed them to experience so much of the underwater beauty at San Salvator. We absolutely loved the experience, will definitely be going back and have no hesitation is giving Seafari five stars -they deserve it.

Visited July 2012
382Jean_PaulM, Manager at Seafari Bahamas, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your dives with us. We look forward to your return!
Tokyo, Japan
“Perfect place to dive and perfect scuba diving team!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is my 5th visits to Club Med Columbus Isle. I took Club Med Resort course supported by a scuba diving team about 18 years ago. Then, I took a Open Water at another village 6 months later. Diving sites are still great and beautiful. The team staffs are very kind and I could have relaxed divings again here. I was anxious about a wet suit, because I am very short, but don't worry. Now, they have very small size wet suits, too. If you have any questions about diving, you should contact them in advance. In addition to the facility, diving boats and the captains are great. I have never got sick there. I appreciate for Jean-Paul, Susan and all of the staffs of Seafari. I will try to visit there next year again!!!

Visited May 2012
382Jean_PaulM, Manager at Seafari Bahamas, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Please don't wait 18 years to return! We are expecting you next year! Arigato!