“Unbeatable Hospitality, GORGEOUS views, and delicious foods!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breezy Hill Exuma Bahamas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Exuma
Breezy Hill Exuma Bahamas
You added Breezy Hill Exuma Bahamas to your Saves list
#1 #2 Breakwater Drive | George Town, Exuma Bahamas, BAHAMAS, Great Exuma   |
Offers & Announcements
PIGS? SWIM? INCREDIBLE!!
Ranked #2 of 10 Great Exuma B&B and Inns
Jackson, Mississippi
“Unbeatable Hospitality, GORGEOUS views, and delicious foods!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Breezy Hill was super clean, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing! Esther and Larry helped to create the perfect Bahama experience. They give recommendations along with a list of the cleanest and safest places to eat. If you are lucky, Esther will even leave you homemade bread in the kitchen! Great Exuma is a GORGEOUS vacation spot with friendly locals! If you want a relaxing, friendly spot to vacation then I would definitely recommend Breezy Hill in Exuma! The food is AMAZING! Fresh Conch salad is a must try! If you want a nice quiet vacation you can snuggle up on the beach with a good book. If you want a little adventure, you can rent kayaks and brave the ocean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were looking for an ideal location which would provide a perfect gathering spot for our family reunion. Esther and Larry have it – the guest house with deck overlooking the beautiful ocean, the beach just a short walk away. The location is perfect. We felt like family while at the same time being able to enjoy the island, the private beach, room and comfort. Everything we needed was right there when we arrived. Our host and hostess were so accommodating and full of wonderful advice, before and during our visit. We came to Exuma to meet family sailing the Bahamas – we couldn’t have asked for a better setup than Breezy Hill!

Room Tip: Either the guest house or the main house - both are well appointed, spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I think back to our trip to Exuma in January this year. Esther and Larry were kind and caring hosts. Everything we needed during our stay was provided. Comfortable and clean accommodations...a shower outside to rinse off the sand from the private beach...cookies made by Esther...and most of all, their recommendations on places to eat and excursions to go on. Esther is very gracious and had no problem with me using the kitchen, fridge, etc. to make a few meals. The Christmas tree was still up (first week in January) and I thought that was a very sweet touch since Ben and I had originally scheduled to visit before Christmas and those plans were interrupted pushing our vacation back a couple of weeks. I found a small sea urchin shell on Esther and Larry's private beach and that was the best souvenir that I took back from Exuma. Breezy Hill is conveniently located close enough to town, restaurants, the airport, beaches, excursions, etc. Ben and I felt at home and The Taylor's treated us like family. We can hardly wait to visit Exuma again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you like a nice relaxing time in paradise you'll love Breezy Hill. It's everything it says it is - a nicely appointed beach house on your own secluded beach. You can spend an entire week at Breezy Hill and just relax or you can mix it up as we did, spending the mornings on the Breezy Hill beach and checking out all of the other great beaches the island has to offer in the afternoons. In addition to the beaches and the house, the other aspect of our trip that made it great were Larry and Esther. They'll pick you up, give you all of their inside scoops on the island, and they're around should you have any other questions. They're exactly what you want from vacation rental owners. Thanks again Larry and Esther, we really enjoyed our time at Breezy Hill.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were looking for a nice place to stay and not too expensive at Exuma and Breezy Hill was perfect! Very clean house and room and really confortable, we loved it. It was really nice to have the beach right down the hill and having a car to visit all the best beaches. Esther told us everything to do and helped us to book an amazing one day trip to see more Exumas islands and the famous swimming pigs!! Larry and Esther were both really friendly and such great people. We will recommand to all our friends to go to Exuma and stay at Breezy Hill!! Thanks again Esther and Larry for an amazing week :))

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We had a great time! Larry and Esther took great care of us - picking us up at the airport, telling us what beaches to visit, where to eat, what to see. The house was great - so clean - a perfect place to stay for a family. The beach is right down the hill from the house and not a soul on it. Very good snorkeling there too! All the beaches were beautiful on Exuma and no one there when we visited in April. Larry and Esther make you feel at home! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Taylorsville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I was traveling through Exuma on a mission trip to the remote Ragged Island. Due to some changes with my flights into and out of Georgetown, I ended up needing a place to stay for a couple nights before returning to the US. Being that I had a really tight budget, I searched carefully for a safe, clean, inexpensive place to stay. I contacted Esther at Breezy Hill and was immediately impressed with her consistant and timely communication. Many of the other places I contacted either did not email/call me back, or did so several days later. Things in Exuma are on "island time" which is nice once you are there but while you are trying to secure your travel arrangements, it is nice to have someone who understands customer service like Esther does. I made my reservations and quickly recieved an email confirming that everything was set for my arrival. I flew into the Bahamas and onto Ragged Island to begin our mission project with the confidence that I had a nice place to stay upon my return to Exuma.

While on Ragged Island, we ran into a major problem. The island's generator went down and we were without power to work on the church. Since we had removed all of the windows and doors, this was a real issue! I flew back to Exuma in a small plane and began my search for a generator. No one was very helpful about wanting to rent or loan a generator to a stranger, especially one who wanted to take it to another island over a hundred miles away. I called Esther to see if she had any ideas. She and her husband, Larry, offered to let me use there generator, free of charge. It was a huge blessing and really saved the week for our team. The power ended up being out all week. Because of the Taylor's generosity, we had power to pump water for showers, lights, tools, and refrigeration. I cannot thank them enough for trusting me.

When I returned from Ragged Island, I was greeted warmly and we were shown into our room in the main house. Esther had stocked our fridge with eggs, milk, butter, sodas, and homemade banana bread. It was kind of like staying at my grandmother's house! The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. It was also nice to have a real kitchen and large livingroom to use. The beach out front was beautiful and we enjoyed sitting on the deck and watching the waves roll in. I got a chance to go bonefishing the next day with a great local guide, Drex Rolle. Exuma is a place full of scenery that looks like a screensaver. Spending a couple nights at Breezy Hill, going fishing, and exploring Georgetown, was a peaceful, relaxing end to a great trip.

A few final thoughts that might be helpful for those trying to make a decision about where to stay. First, there are lots of hidden costs when traveling to Exuma. Because of high fuel costs and the local economy, taxis are expensive. The average taxi ride from the airport to your lodging is $25.00 and the few taxis can get tied up as the flights come in. The great thing about staying with the Taylor's at Breezy Hill is that they pick you up and drop you off at the airport, saving you about $50.00! Second, the food provided in your refrigerator saves you even more money! Finally, Esther is the queen of connections and has arrangements with all of the local businesses. Whether its a rental car, snorkel gear rental, or dinner recommendations, she can hook you up with a deal. All of these things really make staying at Breezy Hill in Exuma one of the best values that I have ever found. I am planning to stay with them everytime that I get a chance! I will see you soon "Mom" Taylor!

Room Tip: Come with your "island" attitude and every room will be perfect!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends