There are so many reasons this vacation was great, and it wouldn't have been the same if we had stayed anywhere else. The St.Francis has an unbeatable location that affords its guests a view of the Atlantic from the back terrace of the room, and an amazing view of the harbor and Great Exuma in the distance just a short walk out the front door of the room. The beaches on the Atlantic side are more or less deserted, and great for a long sunrise or sunset walk. The water is a bit rougher on this side, but no less enjoyable.
What really makes St. Francis the jewel of the Exumas are its owners, George and Jill. From the time of our arrival to our reluctant good-byes, they made us feel like we were part of the family, not simply guests. They truly went out of their way to ensure that our stay was one we will remember for many years to come. Amazing Bahamiam sunsets were taken in each day from the patio terrace overlooking the harbor, while interesting stories were recounted by guests and visiting sailors alike over refreshing rum punches.
As this island is only accessible by boat, we opted to rent one from Minn's Watersports across in the bay in Georgetown. It was truly a great way to explore the numerous hidden cays and beaches of the island, and afforded us access to a great number of places we could not otherwise visit.
We cannot wait to return to St. Francis and have already recommended it to friends seeking this type of vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Francis Resort is located in a pristine location on Stocking Island. Enjoy miles of whitesand beaches, diving and watersports, sailing, dining, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your St Francis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Francis Hotel Great Exuma
- St Francis Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas