We recently stayed at the Grand Isle Resort and Spa.Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted to this tropical paradise. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that had a fabulous view of the ocean as well as overlooking the marina and a hole on the golf course. Each unit has a golf cart for easy transport around the resort. The suite, with balcony, was beautifully decorated, current appliances and very clean. The restaurant on sight has gourmet menu with a variety of choices. The food was excellent. Staff was attentive and accommodating. The beach is very close to the pool/resort area so access was not a problem. There were plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas for guests at the pool and beach. No need to 'reserve' as you do at some resorts.The ocean water was one of the best in the Caribbean and the white sand was groomed to perfection. There were kayaks available for guest use, which we took advantage of, as well as snorkels and fins. Off site we also enjoyed a day on the water stopping at several of the smaller Exuma Islands. Attractions include the swimming pigs and iguana's as well as sand bars that cascade around the islands for you to enjoy.We travel to the Caribbean 5-6 times a year and have been to many islands. We stay in both time shares and resort hotels. Every island has their signature appeal but If you are seeking the ultimate in rest and relaxation Grand Isle Resort and Spa is the place to go.
Renee and Ray Brown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas