My husband and I just returned from a week at the Grand Isle. We are fortunate to be able to take a beach holiday most winters, but this was our all time favourite, by a large margin!
We stayed in villa 6203. It is a one bedroom with stunning views of the marina and open ocean. The resort sits on a point between Emerald Bay (with the beautiful turquoise water) and the ocean, so there are villas with bay views and villas with ocean views (also villas with garden views). We loved the open ocean view. The villa itself is stunning, with a full kitchen, huge living/dinning area with ocean view, bedroom with ocean view, balcony, and bathroom that is bigger than our master bedroom at home. We really enjoyed having breakfast and lunch on our ocean view balcony and waking up to the sound of the ocean from our open bedroom windows. There was a professional grade hair dryer in the bathroom (amazing). Also, the room comes with your own golf cart, which stays in a specially built golf cart garage. Too fun. I cannot say enough good things about this villa. It truly felt like a home away from home, with all the amenities.
The resort grounds are immaculate. Beautiful tropical landscaping. The beach on Emerald Bay is the nicest beach I have ever been to. Powder fine white sand and water a colour I have never seen. The bay itself is sheltered from the wind and waves of the open ocean so is ideal for paddle boarding, kayaking and snorkelling. The bay is also an ideal length for a walk - about 45 minutes end to end and back. The resort also has a beautiful, warm infinity pool with gorgeous views of the beach.
The staff are all very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you are having a fantastic stay. Mal at the pool hut even volunteered to play a game of beach volleyball against us, solo, and won, much to our shame.
We rented a car and bought groceries in George Town for the week. The villa kitchen has everything you need to make delicious meals. We also ate dinner at the Palapa Grill twice (very good food and service. Try the Bahamian Buffet night for amazing chicken and ribs). We also ordered room service one night, also fabulous.
We were looking for a relatively quiet, relaxing holiday, and we got it! The resort was only about 40% full so there was never any issue with beach or pool chairs or water sports equipment. The concierge will help you set up any excursions (we did a full day tour to see the swimming pigs with Four C's - good times) and give you recommendations for restaurants (try Santana's) and self guided driving tours. The island is not very developed so there is a lot of authentic Bahamian sight seeing to be done.
Overall, this is the first beach holiday that I know we will be repeating. The quality of the accommodations at Grand Isle combined with the natural beauty of the island of Exuma cannot be beat. Book it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas