We stayed at the Grande Isle over Valentine's Day this year. There were some great pros and only a couple of smaller cons - all in all an ideal vacation. We stayed in a one bedroom villa very near the pool area of the property. The room was gorgeous and comfortable, the views were amazing, and the pool and cabana area were perfect. I loved falling asleep to the sound of the ocean, and only having to grab my book and head downstairs for either poolside or beachside reading in the morning. Cocktails were also very good. :)
The island of course is amazing. It's best to rent a car if you want to see much of it. Grand Isle is at one far end of the island, a ways away from town, maybe 15-20 min driving. I highly recommend a driving tour of the island, though, stopping at beaches and ocean from restaurants on the way. (One thing we learned about the island is that some of the best food is hidden in little shanty type buildings sitting on the beach - don't overlook them!)
One small issue we had with Grand Isle was that, I'm assuming, since we were near the pool and reception area of the resort, there was often commotion in the mornings. Mowing, leaf-blowing, staff on buggies driving up and down the road. It made it a little hard to sleep in. If/when we return, we'll definitely be looking for a villa further into the resort, rather than right next to the main buildings.
All in all, an incredibly beautiful spot for some serious beach bum time - an expensive vacation, but definitely a good time.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Hotel
- Grand Isle Resort
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.