We just returned from a week at this exquisite property, which totally lived up to the comments and compliments of other guests. We arrived right after Hurricane Sandy rolled through, and you'd never know it happened. Every aspect of the resort was immaculate. We stayed in a one bedroom Villa and felt at home from the moment we walked through the door. Spacious, beautifully decorated, with amazing views of the ocean, golf course and marina. Beautiful sunrises in the morning and watched the moon rising over the horizon in the evening. Total peace and quiet. The property is so well built that you can't hear a thing from outside with the windows and doors closed, not even the landscape crews. Every appliance was top notch, even the washer and dryer. The kitchens are so well equipped you could easily prepare a Thanksgiving feast. The mattresses are very firm, which was not a problem for us, and the linens were clean and high quality. The housekeeping staff does a wonderful job, and everything is immaculate. The resort had just opened after being closed a while for maintenance and kitchen expansion. The menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner have a great variety and are beautifully presented. If you plan on preparing your own meals, you will need to come prepared with staples and have a vehicle, since there are no markets nearby. Taxi rides get very expensive. There is a liquor store across from the resort that is easily accessed by golf cart, but no groceries nearby. The markets only get fresh fruit and vegetables on certain days of the week, and even staples are very expensive since everything has to be shipped in. The resort has a friendly relationship with the Sandals resort next door and adults have access to the restaurants there at their own expense. The pool area has amazing views of the beach and shoreline. The beach is quiet and clean, and the water is beyond description. So many beautiful shades of blue that seem to change minute by minute. Great snorkeling right off the beach. So good, my husband (an avid diver) doesn't even feel the need to get on a boat. The golf course in amazing, albeit somewhat difficult for casual golfers. Difficult to concentrate on your game with such beautiful views. Quality golf equipment is available to rent at a reasonable fee, so no need to drag your clubs. The staff was friendly, courteous and accommodating. Overall an outstanding experience. Bonus to anyone traveling from the Atlanta area...direct flights available into George Town twice per week that will get you there in 2-1/2 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, The Bahamas, Grand Isle Resort & Spa is a stunning ocean front resort. The exclusive gated community comprises 78 luxuriously appointed 1- to 4-bedroom villas that range from 1,250 sq. ft. to 5,200 sq. ft. and offer a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area, high-end amenities, and extraordinary views. Getting around the resort is quick and convenient, as every villa is equipped with a personal golf cart. Grand Isle is one of the finest resorts in the Caribbean and is ideally suited for family holidays, romantic getaways, destination weddings and honeymoons, or for simply enjoying the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Grand Isle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Isle Hotel Great Exuma
- Grand Isle Resort And Spa
- Grand Isle Resort & Spa Great Exuma, Bahamas