We chose Club Peace & Plenty for it's location in Georgetown and because of it's history and character. It proved to be much better than we had expected. All of the hotel has been newly painted and it is immaculately clean. We had a waterfront room that has double doors that open onto the bay and it's own very private balconey. The food at the hotel is amazing. Our only comment would be that they add a 15% gratuity automatically and I agree that the cook definitely deserves it but the waitresses have no motivation to provide good service. You have to remember to be really specific when you're ordering and you have to keep asking for water etc because they don't check on you. On the other hand, Doc Lermon, at the bar has enough personality for all of them and he more than makes up for the deficiency in the waitresses. Magnolia at the front desk also has a great personality & was extremely helpful. We rented scooters from Bal's Sound and toured the island & found fantastic beaches that were totally deserted. We took the free ferry from the hotel to Stocking Island & we weren't really impressed by it - there is definitely a great beach but really nothing else. We heard from others that we should have asked to be dropped at Chat & Chill on the other end of Stocking Island but we were happy using the scooter because it gave us more flexibility. We went bonefishing with bonefishstevie.com & that was really good. We caught 5 or 6 small bonefish, saw a shark & caught a jack. If you want great conch fritters go to the Arowak Club in Williamstown. Everyone on the island is friendly and willing to help with whatever they can. It was a great holiday and we'd do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Club is a beautiful 32 room resort, including 3 two-room suites, overlooking Elizabeth Harbour. Room choices include Harbour water front view, pool side, Garden suites, or two-room suites. All rooms include air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini-fridge, hair-dryer, private bath, and in room cable television. The hotel's Gourmet restaurant offers local cuisine including Grits with breakfast and Conch burgers for lunch. The dinner menu ranges from steak to seafood including Grouper, a local favorite. The Club offers two bars. Our 'Pool Deck' bar is tended by Lerman "Doc" Rolle. Inside is the air-conditioned site of the 'Old Slave Kitchen' bar tended by Garfield and Annette. Since the Club is right in the middle of town, you are close to grocery shopping, site seeing and fun activities including sail boat rental available through Out Island Explorers or snorkeling, diving and motorboat rental. On a Friday the Club sponsors a cocktail party for their guests. Other nights can include live Calypso musi, dancing and Karaoke. The Club is Exuma's gathering place for the townspeople and visitors from all over the island. There is also a ferryboat service on request to Peace and Plenty’s Stocking Island Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Club Peace & Plenty Exuma Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Peace & Plenty Exuma Island Hotel Great Exuma
- Club Peace And Plenty Exuma Island
- Hotel Peace Plenty Exuma Island
- Club Peace & Plenty Exuma Island Great Exuma, Bahamas