Ahhh the return home is tough!
My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon last month where we spent 8 days at Sandals Emerald Bay. We had a fabulous time. Even with a few blips (lost luggage apparently happens a lot - remember to pack essentials in your carry on - we didn’t and the resort shop is pricey) Everything worked out.
Note: Men must wear pants to the nice restaurant
Butlers - Ours were great! Filling up coolers at the pool, bringing more alcohol to the room, afternoon snacks, surprise drawn baths in the hot tub with buckets of champagne and flower petals. Our check out was a Sunday morning but the flight not until after 5pm so one of our butlers, Lalu, arranged for us to use the spa showers and locker room after a day at the beach which was lovely. I guess we got lucky after reading so many mixed reviews.
Room - We had a jr suite with ocean view, while you are not right on the beach the view was very nice, I will attach a picture.
Golf - My husband played twice and I played once. Amazing views from the course, bring a camera and a ton of golf balls. If you miss the fairway you will not find it. Anyone watching the current Big Break show on the golf channel? The ladies are competing on the course and staying in the hotel!
Food - we enjoyed the food. We also did the candlelight dinner on the beach our last night it was wonderful to sit under the stars. No real night life but hit up the pub a couple times and you will definitely make some friends :)
Bugs - this is serious, bring bug spray, itch creme, and benadryl. They are sand fleas (not biting sand flies) and seem to affect a good amount of the guests. I had to go to the resort doctor to get benadryl and lotions...bugs always bother me. Don’t shuffle your feet in the sand. BUT don’t miss out on the beach either...(of course my husband was completely bite free the whole week)
Tours - we tried to go out on the signature 007 all day tour ($350! a person) but the boat was under repair...then we tried to do the all day Glass Bottom Boat ($275 a person) but we got a cancellation notice that "not enough people signed up" So we went with the half day snorkel cruise with captain Jerry ($150 per person) it was great. Looking back I am glad we didn’t spend the money on the longer tours noon to five worked. If you do this tour down in February point (I believe) bring $$ and ask the cabbie to stop at the straw market (since you will pass it), if you don’t it's a good $50 cab ride there from the hotel (its over 30minutes and gas on the island is over $5 a gallon so cabs are high) It worked out well for us.
Beach - Play! Take out the Hobie Cat, the kayaks, snorkels, we enjoyed them on the windy days. The still/hot days we were more into the pool and the frozen drinks (Hummingbird is a great drink – they also make great bloody maries with Absolut Peppar)
Pool - to get a cabana bring down a towel and book before 7am to set down. The quiet pool has a great hot tub 102 degrees! We didn’t find it until the last night.
Overall it was a nice relaxing, luxurious vacation. We ate and drank a lot and enjoyed our time away.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Great Exuma, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.