I've been meaning to write this review for a while. We stayed at Sandals Emerald for a week in March and had a such a great trip. The airport was really small, but since ours was the only flight landing, we got though quickly. In fact, our flight landed at 11:00 and we were having lunch by the beach by noon!
We booked a walkout butler suite directly on the beach. We were upgraded to larger suite, which was great. We were literally steps from the one the most beautiful beaches I have even had the privilege to be on!! WOW!! You have to see it to believe it. One warning: lots of sands fleas. I got so many bites, but of course my husband got none! Go figure…
We had 3 butlers: Garth, Anastasia and Cecil. They were all great, but Garth was over the top! When we walked into the lobby, my husband immediately recognized Garth from Sandals Whitehouse so after a very excited reunion, we found out he was our butler. It just couldn't get any better! The three of them made our stay so amazing, with the creative towel decorations (the alligator made by Garth and the two people under the umbrella created by Cecil were so cool!). They also brought lunch to where ever we were hanging out and provided with a cooler full of some cold pops (as we Canadians like to call them). We also met another butler there Ekron, who was also lovely to talk to. I also remember going to cafe one day and ordering some coffee and treats to take back to the room. Then I realized "what was I thinking, how am going to carry all this?" Well, wasn't there another employee there who saw my struggles, put all my stuff on his tray and took it to my room for me!! Friendly and smiling the whole time. That was typical of Emerald Bay.
Most of the restaurants were very good. We were a little disappointed with the buffet one (Bahama Bay) but the rest were great. To be honest, we had a breakfast delivered to our room most mornings so we could enjoy sitting on our patio while enjoying the beach view. The beach BBQ was fantastic, best food at a Sandals outdoor event I've ever had. Crab legs, need I say more… The returning guest dinner was also excellent. Make sure you go if you get invited!
I mentioned the beach is breathtaking, but there are also 2 great pools there. The main pool has comfy couches in it, pretty cool! The quite pool is also nice. Be sure to enjoy them both.
And be sure to sign up for the returning guest program, the discounts and perks are work it. I always get great prices when I book through Sandals, but there are some tricks to it. Email me if you want to know the details and you don't mind planning your trips ahead of time. We are certainly looking forward to going back to Emerald Bay sometime in the new few years. We are going to be Diamond level guests with our next trip to Sandals Antigua and now we'll qualify for a free week's stay. We love Sandals and always count down the time to our next trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Great Exuma, Bahamas