When planning our honeymoon, my husband and I wanted a place that was quick and easy to get to, not crowded, and relaxing. Sandals Great Exuma was the perfect choice! Quick flight from Miami to Georgetown, Bahamas, greeted by the Sandals taxi service drivers (ours was super friendly) and a short 15 minute ride to the resort. We were then greeted with friendly faces and a glass of champagne. The resort was just what we were looking for...spacious rooms, clean grounds, awesome staff (espcially Bee, Leslie and _____ from the entertainment staff and Melissa from Barefoot By the Sea). Barefoot by the Sea was our favorite restaurant (awesome conch chowder, fried grouper sandwich and lobster tails). Just be sure to wear lots of bug spray! We also enjoyed Cafe de Paris...the cookies cream gelato was amazing! We didn't have the best service at the Drunken Duck. The breakfast buffet at Bahama Bay was really good with a lot of variety.
The pool was nice and relaxing, but not too quiet. They were playing good music and the bartenders were all very friendly and fun. The Miami Vice and the Dirty Banana drink is a must! Also, step out of your comfort zone and try out the Pool Olympics, the water aerobics or the TV trivia...you'll be so glad you did! There was plenty to do at the resort...paddleboards, water trike, Hobie Cat sailboat, kayaks and plenty of beatiful beach! We did use 4 C's Adventure to book an all-day excursion. Highly recommend this. It takes a long time to get to where you're going (about 2 hours), but the swimming pigs, the Thunderball Grotto, swimming with the sharks and the sandbar was totally worth it. Smiley and Captain Andrew took good care of us. The entertainment definitely exceeded our expectations, especially at night. Bee, we love you! But, we also enjoyed our quiet time on the beach at night with nothing but the stars and the waves to keep us company. In summary, Sandals can be fun and lively if that's what you want, or it can be quiet and romantic. It's the best of both worlds!
We would highly recommend Sandals Great Exuma and look forward to going back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas