The week of Valentine's Day a group of 12 of us went to Exuma and stayed at Sandals Emerald Bay for a wedding and to celebrate a honeymoon. I'll start with the bad, because there was little of that. The bad was that my wife and the bride-to-be were told through booking the vacation that they would each receive a $150.00 spa credit as part of our respective honeymoon/wedding packages. Unfortunately, upon arrival we came to find our that Valentine's week was a 'blackout' week so no specials were honored that week. Needless to say, a new bride and a bride-to-be did not take that very well and there really was no accommodating by the resort. Long story short we received a $50.00 resort credit per couple - however this was non-transferable and there is not much you can do with $50.00. We only got the credit because we engaged Sonja who was in charge of guest services. The only other complaint would be our repeated requests for premium (Crown Royal and Absolute) booze be delivered to our rooms as they inform you that you can do. Luckily, Vaughan (Krissy's boyfriend) was a stellar butler and he came through for us last minute. All in all, a few logistical issues but they were able to be overlooked because of the staff, cleanliness, quality of food and the beautiful setting.
Now - the good. The staff at this resort are unbelievable. Van, Gerard and Melizza were the best bartenders we have ever had at an all-inclusive. Gerard you will see highlighted in a photo our group took with him. He is the man! Krissy (also highlighted below) from the entertainment crew became family while we where there...she dealt with us throwing her in the pool, stealing the beach staff's golf cart, introducing us to her boyfriend Vaughan and showing us the pics of what he got her for Valentine's day (only the PG ones). Krissy was by far one of the best people we have met at a resort!!
Algebra went out of his way making sure we were enjoying every aspect of the trip, he would get us reservations at any restaurant at any time - never a worry despite our groups size and varying tastes.
Chantelle, a waitress at il chielo, was one of the kindest souls and genuine people. We requested her every time we ate at the restaurant because she made our experience multiple times better due to her love of life and bubbly personality.
Shelise did a terrific job with the wedding, it was beautiful and every detail was perfect.
The food at all restaurants was great for the most part. Favorites were the lamb, filet and scallops at the French restaurant. Il Chielo had a great fish dish (name escapes us) and a wonderful dessert for the wedding dinner. The Drunken Duck had a nice sirloin with a spicy sauce that in our drunken state of mind we had for dinner and then again for dessert. The buffet was always good.
All staff were courteous, friendly and helpful. The grounds crew did a wonderful job and always had a smile and a hello. Everyone played along with us as we 'borrowed' golf carts to ride around, surf on top of and generally have a good time.
We also recommend Four C's adventures for any excursion. Iguana island, swimming with the pigs, snorkeling in the grotto and swimming with nurse sharks was a wonderful day. This tour is very professional, safe, friendly, adjusts to everyone's needs and best of all it was only $320.00 per couple - less then half of what you pay if you go through Sandals.
The bugs on the sand were horrible for some of us and did not bother others - so that seems to be hit or miss.
Overall a great property, the people of Exuma are amazing. Learning history of the island and it's people, experiencing the food and culture made the trip all the better. Have never felt safer at/on any vacation.
Thank you especially to Gerard and Krissy, you guys helped make our honeymoon/wedding week perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz and BookIt.com so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas