Just returned from our third Sandals vacation - and once again we were not disappointed!
Each resort seems to have its own character, but still maintains the same basic standards throughout - excellent staff, beautiful beach, nice choice of restaurants and plenty to do, if you choose to.
We booked a Coral Reef Oceanfront luxury room, with concierge service. Attached photo is from our patio. Hardly oceanfront, more of an ocean view. We were on the third floor which afforded the view, but am not certain it was worth the upgrade. The Villas are all oceanfront, and have butler service; I would only consider this upgrade for the luxury of having someone go out at 6:30 am to reserve a cabana for us. Yes, like most Caribbean resorts, the early riser gets the best poolside/beachside accommodations
The concierge service was almost invisible. Most calls or requests just went to the front desk. Our request for our favorite brand of Scotch was honored, though it took two days. No additional charge for this.
Two restaurants require reservations - the Italian and the French - do so as soon as you arrive, or you may be disappointed. We procrastinated, and had to settle for a 5:30 PM seating. (Concierge was no help here either.) We later learned that not everyone keeps their reservations, so you may get lucky if you just appear at the restaurant. The Italian restaurant has an interesting dessert bar which shouldn't be missed; you have access to the dessert bar every evening, regardless of where you had dinner.
Barefoot on the Beach offers lobster tails for dinner, and are more than willing to double the order if you'd like. Bahama Bay offers a daily themed buffet lunch which was wonderful. Café de Paris has an impressive menu of coffees, as well as pastries, cookies from 6 AM (for the early risers.)
On the day of departure, had hoped to secure a late checkout (for $100 fee) as our flight wasn't until 5 PM, but the room was already rebooked. We still took full advantage of the day in the sun. Had access to our bags as well as the Spa for showers, etc., and it wasn't a problem at all. Valuables just stayed with us poolside.
Felt completely comfortable and safe here. Emerald Bay guests were a more mature crowd - 40's and up, which was fine with us. Overall, we enjoyed this resort tremendously and would encourage you to visit if you want to relax and be pampered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas