We stayed at Emerald Bay from January 21st through January 30th...We were in the Bay House Building 5...Perfect spot!!! It was close to everything....We only went to the large pool once...It wasn't overly loud but the pool water was freezing....We managed to get in it though to swim up to the pool bar...which was very good...Bartenders extremely friendly....Swimming back was no problem after a few cocktails....lol....We had Stephen, Cecil and Waldens as our butlers...They were excellent.....We didn't realize that they would make our reservations until after we made them ourselves...But they really are there for you and will definitely go the distance to make you happy....The quiet pool is where we hung out....You really have to get there early to reserve your cabana as they are mostly gone by 7:30 ...but there was one bartender (can't remember her name) that when she saw a cabana or lounge chairs vacant for a long period of time she took the towels off so that people who were waiting could use them...So many times I saw a cabana empty half the day...Not fair...If you go off to golf or do sightseeing then you shouldn't reserve your lounge chair or cabana...Not fair to those who are going to use them...We fortunately didn't get bit by the sand fleas or see-ums...but we did see people who did and the bites were nasty....We ate at Barefoot Bob's for lunch a few times...We like Bahama Bay for breakfast (good selection) and we ate there a few times for dinner...Drunkin Duck does have a wonderful Blue Burger and Fish and Chips....The chocolate buffet was GREAT...I wore alot of chocolate that night...lol....We really didn't like the French restaurant...Our meal was awful....but we heard people say it was great...Maybe a bad night for us...the Italian restaurant was pretty good...The dessert bar was fun and would definitely do it again...The breakfast at Il Cielo was great and I would definitely do it again....You do pay for WiFi ($42.99) which I think should be included in your room.....I did use it to stay in connect with home as I have a new grandbaby on it's way....We ate lunch at the pizza place one day and my husband enjoyed the pizza but I almost choked on the cheese so I never go a pizza again...I made myself a salad from the Bahama Bay and was happy....My favorite place was the Cafe...The ladies there were always so friendly...the coffee and pastry was great and the ice cream in the afternoon even better....We played golf one day and it was spectacular....I think I found every bunker on the course and my husband lost tons of balls...but it was fantastic....My favorite part of the trip was after dinner and sitting by the firepits meeting people from all over the country.....My husband and I loved Emerald Bay so much we have already booked our trip for next year....It is a wonderful place if you are looking for relaxation and beauty....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz and BookIt.com so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas