My wife and I spent our 10th Anniversary at Emerald Bay and were not dissappointed. After reviewing many sites and reading many reviews, I decided on Emerald Bay to surprise my wife and it was the best vacation we have ever had! The rooms were clean and spacious. The concierge service was wonderful. I was amazed at how they remembered our names and my wife and I took full advantage of the restocking of the bar in your room every night. I asked for a bottle of champagne for my wife and I every day we would head for the pool/beach and when we came back in the evening there was a chilled bottle waiting for us. If I would ask for anything else (Top Shelf Liquor, juice, soda), there it was later that day.
As for the food, just wonderful! We went to every restaurant on the resort and everything was amazing. Definately check out the dessert bar at Il Cielo, you'll want to try everything they have. Barefoot was the perfect lunch spot, we ate there everyday. Nights at The Drunken Duck were fun, met many new friends and had a great time and the Café de Paris provided excellent coffee/latte's and pastries.
Could not get over the color of the ocean and how perfect the beach was. We spent 3 or 4 days out on the sailboats, swam and took walks on the beach and relaxed under one of the beach cabanas. From the resort, head to the beach, turn right and walk down to Joey and his brothers selling native jewelry, etc. right on the beach. He'll also tell you where you can do some good shell hunting.
One day I played golf and I have played most of my life and consider myself a decent player. This is a fun course with very pretty views and once you get to the back nine, the holes take you out on the peninsula with unbelieveable views of the ocean. Take plenty of golf balls though because if you push it right or left, no chance your finding it but I didnt care.
Another afternoon my wife and I spent time at the spa. My wife is a licensed massage therapist and she was pleasantly surprised with the overall experience. They were going through renovations but still maintained a calming and relaxed atmostphere and the therapists were very well trained.
Most of the time though, was spent in the pool. Loved the bartenders and managed to get a cabana amost everyday we were there. There were activities the staff would get you engaged in which was not intrusive but did provide some fun for those who didn't want to lie around all day.
All in all we both had an excellent time. So much so that we booked another wekk there next year. Counting the days until our next time in Emerald Bay!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Great Exuma, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.