We rented out all four cottages for a wedding. We had a few issues like the a/c and what not buy Roslin made sure to fix it ASAP. As you are on an island that isn't the richest place and they are not as efficient as our country so when the wifi isn't 100% that's not the owners fault. If you noticed there isn't some great phone company the town isn't built up and the electronics don't have the best signal as its a small populated island in the middle of the ocean. When the a/c stopped we only had to flip the breaker you can't have too many lights etc on. The people here like to conserve energy as the are a poorer country than ours. So things do not work all the time. The price is good for the Bahamas you want luxury go stay at sandals and pay 700 a night instead of 700 a week like the villas are. And for taxi and transportation no matter where you stay you can't walk to food or stores as they do not have many and the food places are private places not like here with McDonald's and Fridays etc. if you want to experience the island like a true local stay at the villas and see how the other side lives. Mingle with the people as literally everyone there is extra friendly. We saw aroslin everyday and he made it a point to knock on the store to make sure we were fine. Even a guy named Choppy came buy to ask if we needed anything and rented us a scooter even took us in town to get it. The owner of the scooter was not there and would be in an hour so he let us use his scooter until the owner Vencil arrived. You won't find that in the US. Vencil was our go to guy he has scooters and a taxi service and compared to every other taxi he had the best rates an worked with us. The house keeper was very nice an helpful as well. Getting is extra towels and it was very clean. The beach access is a short walk. If you come out the cottages and walk to the left theres a driveway on the right side of the road don't go there walk to the next driveway and cut through there down to the water that lady is nice and doesn't mind you walking between the small houses there. It was like a two or three minute walk. I recommend a scooter as its cheaper than using a taxi to go everywhere and you keep it as long as you want. There is no crime in Exuma people leaves these doors unlocked and open but let's he real if someone robbed or committed a crime where in the world would they go you can get off the island without boat or plane and you can't hide everyone knows everyone and thee I only one main road along the whole island. You have to eat at Shirley's she has excellent food! Like I said staying at the villas isn't sandals and if you wanna experience the island then live like the locals. And the wifi isn't great anywhere on the island and most places do not have a/c. There is not a phone in just one of the cottages but that wasn't an issue we shared. Vencil even stopped by to see if we needed a taxi to go anywhere. We went to Sandals for my cousins wedding an then we paid to come on te next day. It's 180 for a day pass an you can eat for free and all alcohol was free. It was cheaper to stay at the villas an pay to go to sandals everyday then it would be to stay at sandals. The villas have free wifi and Sandals charges guests 15.00 a day so lets not complain about the wifi. I had a better single in the kitchen and certain areas as the modem is in the green cottage but it wasn't that big of a deal I went to relax not check my facebook every five minutes. And as far as what I saw there isn't that many places to stay on the island for very cheap. We all enjoyed it and my boyfriend and I plan on visiting Exuma again as the more populated islands such as Nassau have a crap load of crime and robberies on Americans so Exuma is the place to walk at night and not he scared. Everywhere we went the locals asked I we needed help or info or whatever. FYI Shirley's had better food then Sandals she is a great cook. Oh very important info is that the island pretty much shuts down at 5:40 literally everything closes even the only two has station on the island and every store as for food Shirleys will be the only open after 5:40 an into the late night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma are authentic self-service Bahamian cottages. You will get a true Out-Island experience. You visit Exuma because you want to get away from the noise and crowded beaches. Coming to Exuma for the Disney effect is like going to Vegas for culture and studying the desert ecosystem. Exuma is rustic and pristine. There are no high-risers, traffic lights or fast food restaurants. What you will find is a quiet place to slow down, and reconnect with your inner self. Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma is the perfect place to relax after a day of biking, snorkeling, kayaking or relaxing on one of the nearby beaches. Recreation equipment is provided. You can take the kayaks and explore Hoopers Bay beach or your can explore the Mangroves to the south of the property. Some of our guests go bird watching (binoculars are provided). Each Exuma Cottage has 2 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms – one bedroom with a Queen bed and the other with two Twin Beds, great for families or couples. Kitchens are fully equipped and there are outdoor showers for rinsing off the sand, upon your return from the beach. You can enjoy the evening breezes on the front or back porches, grill your catch or just hang out with your neighbors. The property is centrally located and within walking distance to a well stocked food store and liquor store. There are nearby restaurants and downtown is only 5+ minutes away by car. This is a warm and welcoming community, the people are friendly and there is staff on hand to answer your questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma Hotel Great Exuma
- Hoopers Bay Villas Exuma Great Exuma, Bahamas