On our first family trip to Eleuthera in March 2012, we spent a lot of time in Gregory Town, and at Surfer's Beach, which is a short walk from Surfer's Haven. When we returned in December, on a surf trip for my teenage son and his friend, my son insisted Surfer's Haven was the place to be. No need to drive to the beach - they were first in the water, surfed 6 of 7 days, often having the waves to themselves. But you don't have to be a surfer to enjoy Surfer's Haven. Tom and Liz know the island well, and offer adventure trips too - surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, cave exploring...and, if peace and quiet is what you want, at a great price too, look no further. Spend your days walking on secluded beaches, or lounging in a hammock, reading one of the many books in their library. If you want to explore the island yourself, Tom and Liz can recommend reliable places to rent a car. But be aware that cars are difficult to maintain, particularly on the out islands, so car problems are not uncommon. But, what's the rush? There are several good restaurants just minutes away, or you can buy your own groceries and dine in at Surfer's Haven. Tom and Liz are great hosts, and we felt very welcome in a relaxing home environment, and Liz makes great pizza. The kitchen and common areas in the main house are a great place to chat with other world travelers looking for a peaceful escape, and we met a wonderful mix of friendly people. So, enjoy your next trip to Eleuthera at Surfer's Haven, and tell Tom and Liz we said hello.
Bill, Daniel and Chris
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Haven Guesthouse Hotel
- Surfers Haven Guesthouse Hotel Eleuthera
- Surfers Haven Guesthouse Eleuthera, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel-type, backpacker, rustic...whatever phraseology you want to use. This is it! Simple accommodations, all rooms have access to kitchen and the apt. room has its own private facilities. Managers live on property and are happy to assist. They also run the popular Bahamas Out Island Adventure tour company. Haven guests enjoy discounted tour rates as well as very reasonable equipment rental rates on: surfboards, mtn bikes, snorkel gear and kayaks. We're all about VALUE! Please respect our beautiful ocean. Sunscreen on always 30 minutes before you get in the water. Save the coral! Please starfish are not to be taken or handled out of the water. Fishermen be aware of our seasons and regulations. We love our island; please respect it. We can help inform you on local happenings and on the above too. Surfer's Haven is pleased to offer guests complimentary drinking water and coffee (a.m. only). Please do not buy a bunch of plastic bottles. Please consider taking (some) of your trash out with you to a recycling depot in the U.S. for instance. Garbage disposal is a big problem here! ALSO budget travelers ask about the 'Opt To Share option and also the Surf Shack rental . Budget-minded only! We we we can save save...I mean save you money! =) 7 minute walk up the ridge from Surfer's Beach. What a backyard! Eco-tourism is a conscious choice; be aware how your touring impacts your destination. Peace Love and Respect ... more less