Sky Beach Club was awesome! It was the best resort on this entire island. We went there for our honeymoon and had more than enough privacy, most of the time we were the only ones around as the resort is fairly small. The "Infinity Pool" was amazing, especially at night where I was able to watch my Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup from the pool. The pool has a swim up bar where you can order drinks right there while youre in the water. It overlooks the ocean with a stunning view and once again hardly ever had anyone in it. The Sky Beach Club overlooks the Ocean, each room has great views, we were in #1 which was furthest from the pool and restaurant but also offered more privacy as no one was walking past our room at all. The interior of the room was beautiful, the shower was awesome and the bathtub doubled as a jacuzzi. The wireless internet was iffy from the room but easily picked up a signal at the pool or bar.
As far as the island itself, we recommend you rent a car at least for a day if not more and explore. We personally recommend McClain, he rented us a car with A/C for $60 a day and we kept it for a few days. We basically toured the entire island top to bottom and definitely recommend going to Ten Bay Beach if you want to have a beautiful, crystal clear and pretty much private beach all to yourself. Its only about a half hour from the resort and is well worth it. We also recommend going to Harbour Island where you can rent a golf cart and explore that entire island in a day. It has a lot of shops and stores to buy souvenirs. The staff there was amazing, I met the owner one of the days just as the generator went out-it came back on a few mins later. And Curtis who was the head chef and pretty much manager of the place was always willing to help with any request we might have. The hotel staff were friendly and did a good job cleaning up the room on a daily basis.
Food is pretty pricey at the resort, its good but also expensive. A can of Coke costs $3, plan on spending $50 per meal there at the least. If you rent a car just drive into town and you will find multiple stores to buy food you can take back to the room-unfortunately there is only a refrigerator and not a microwave so dont buy food that needs heated.
Restaurants we recommend are the Buccaneer Club-where the "Grouper Fingers" are delish! The prices at that restaurant are very reasonable and its one of the few that is air conditioned. The Rainbow Inn is another restaurant worth visiting, the pizza was great and the prices were good as well, it has been frequented by Lenny Kravitz in the past. Once again you will need to rent a car to visit these, if you plan on taking a taxi anywhere you will pay $20 per trip-so rent a car. A local drink you should definitely try it "Goombay Punch," its sold pretty much anywhere there, try some at the airport when you first arrive for a taste.
Some destinations worth checking out are the Fish Fry that happens every Friday night, its only 10mins away from the resort in Governor's Harbour. Also head up north to the Glass Window Bridge where you can witness the Ocean and the Caribbean face to face-separated only by a thin mountainous bridge. And again, go to Ten Bay Beach-you wont regret it.
Words of advice, buy bug spray, their not so bad right at the resort but near the ocean and other areas around the island are pretty bad. If you go to the store yourself, stock up on drinks to save you from having to spend a fortune at the resort on them. Sundays at the Sky Beach Club are pretty busy for them, most things on the island are closed so people head to the resort to hang out for the day. We have to say if you havent noticed already that you should not just stay at the resort. Explore, drive on the right side of the road, interact with the locals-they are all friendly, Eleuthera is a beautiful and peaceful island without all of the hustle and bustle. If you are looking for an intimate trip-this is the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Sky Beach Club Hotel
- Sky Beach Club Hotel Eleuthera
- Sky Beach Club Eleuthera, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Put your feet up, relax and enjoy a book on our lovely pink sand beach. Or you can find food, solace and the beverage of your choice at the Bistro, with a full-service swim-up cocktail bar. Sky Beach Club offers FLY FREE Specials and seamlessly blends modern amenities with the splendor of unmatched natural beauty and excellent service. Accommodations range from luxury poolside bungalows to 3200-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-bath villas with private pools. Sky Beach Club Resort Amenities Include: • Amazing views of the Atlantic and the Caribbean. • Secluded pink-sand beach. • Contemporary dining in the Bistro. • Infinity edge beachfront pool with swim-up cocktail bar. • Gated resort community with 24/7 security. • Energy efficient green construction. • Located 7 minutes south of the Governor's Harbour airport. The Bistro: The Bistro is Sky Beach Club’s exclusive fine dining experience that combines international cuisine with daily specials inspired by local Grouper, Hog Fish Snapper and Lobster. Not to mention traditional dishes with a twist that will keep your palate wanting more. Concierge: Let our Concierge Services take care of your desires. At Sky Beach Club, your vacation will be as exciting or as tranquil as you want it to be. Pre-arrival your personal concierge will arrange for all your requested groceries to be stocked in your pantry and your choice beverages awaiting you on ice. Throughout your stay we will see to all your personal needs from planning your day’s activities, to helping you unwind with dinner reservations or a private chef to prepare that special meal in your home. Oceanview Pool & Spa with Swim-up Bar: Pristine waters sparkle as far as the eye can see from our amazing oceanfront amenity area. Comfortably relax in one of our pool-side cabanas and enjoy a light lunch – or swim over to the pool bar and have them throw another local pineapple in your favorite drink! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Sky Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.