The resort is located in Governor’s Harbour, about 10-15 minutes south of the airport. It is on the main road (Queens Highway) and is very easy to locate. A taxi is currently $20 each way, but you’ll want a rental car to enjoy all of Eleuthera. If you’re new to the island, Governor’s Harbour is a good starting point to access the best of the island. The local grocery store and liquor store are less than 10 minutes South. The resort is on the Atlantic side of the island and when the tide is low you can see the pink sand hidden beneath the water. The Atlantic side gets more wind than the Caribbean and the water can be rougher, but if necessary, you can reach many beaches on the other side in minutes by car.
The resort has two choices in accommodations: 1 bedroom bungalows and 4 bedroom homes. The bungalows are located near the pool and restaurant, and a very short walk to the beach. The rooms have DirecTV, ipod dock, flat screen TV, a king size bed, high ceilings, a refrigerator, iron and ironing board. The bathroom has a huge walk in shower with two shower heads, a separate bath tub with remote control heat, his and hers sinks, and a separate room with a toilet. The bungalows do not have phone or internet.
The homes have 4 bedrooms with 4 bathrooms. One bathroom has doors to both a bedroom and the common area. The master bedroom has a separate shower and tub with large windows facing the water, another bathroom has a multi-head shower. It also has its own TV. The kitchen features Viking appliances and has dishes, silverware, pots and pans. There is a wet bar and desk area as you walk into the living room. The living room is spacious and has a TV, DVD player, ipod dock, and speaker system. The dining room has a large round table. There is a washer and dryer in the laundry room. The homes have phone and high-speed internet. Each has an infinity pool with controls for lights and water jets.
The accommodations are top notch and far superior to what you will find nearby at Pineapple Fields, and even better than Powell Pointe at the Southern end of the island. Daily maid service was done by a team that was in and out of the rooms quickly.
The restaurant is called “The Bistro.” The chef Curtis is phenomenal and everyone was delighted with each dish they ordered. Prices are comparable with other well-known restaurants on the island such as Tippy’s. The dining room is island elegant, and the servers and bartenders are very friendly. The bar has multiple TVs, and has a swim up counter. The heated pool is great for a swim when the ocean is rough, and it has lighting for a nighttime swim.
We held our wedding and reception at Sky Beach Club so we spent a lot of time dealing with the owner Michael and the manager Perry. They were very quick to respond and did all they could to meet our requests for the event. The resort has not been open very long, but things went smoothly and I imagine that future events will be even easier to arrange.
As with some of the other resorts on the island that have not been completed, there are unfinished building sites, however, at Sky Beach, they blend into the landscaping of the resort. The resort is quiet enough for a romantic getaway in a bungalow, but also spacious enough for a fun trip with friends, family, or couples in a home. Overall, it’s a great value and after staying at many other hotels in Eleuthera, I can’t imagine staying anywhere else when I return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Put your feet up, relax and enjoy a book on our lovely pink sand beach. Or you can find food, solace and the beverage of your choice at the Bistro, with a full-service swim-up cocktail bar. Sky Beach Club offers FLY FREE Specials and seamlessly blends modern amenities with the splendor of unmatched natural beauty and excellent service. Accommodations range from luxury poolside bungalows to 3200-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-bath villas with private pools. Sky Beach Club Resort Amenities Include: • Amazing views of the Atlantic and the Caribbean. • Secluded pink-sand beach. • Contemporary dining in the Bistro. • Infinity edge beachfront pool with swim-up cocktail bar. • Gated resort community with 24/7 security. • Energy efficient green construction. • Located 7 minutes south of the Governor's Harbour airport. The Bistro: The Bistro is Sky Beach Club’s exclusive fine dining experience that combines international cuisine with daily specials inspired by local Grouper, Hog Fish Snapper and Lobster. Not to mention traditional dishes with a twist that will keep your palate wanting more. Concierge: Let our Concierge Services take care of your desires. At Sky Beach Club, your vacation will be as exciting or as tranquil as you want it to be. Pre-arrival your personal concierge will arrange for all your requested groceries to be stocked in your pantry and your choice beverages awaiting you on ice. Throughout your stay we will see to all your personal needs from planning your day’s activities, to helping you unwind with dinner reservations or a private chef to prepare that special meal in your home. Oceanview Pool & Spa with Swim-up Bar: Pristine waters sparkle as far as the eye can see from our amazing oceanfront amenity area. Comfortably relax in one of our pool-side cabanas and enjoy a light lunch – or swim over to the pool bar and have them throw another local pineapple in your favorite drink! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sky Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sky Beach Club Hotel Eleuthera
- Sky Beach Club Eleuthera, Bahamas