“A little slice of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Sky Beach Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Queens Highway | Governors Harbour, Eleuthera   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Eleuthera
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A little slice of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

A big thank you to the whole Sky Beach Club team! We arrived on Eleuthera just in time for Hurricane Sandy—but Steve, the GM of Sky Beach Club—saved the day. We stayed in one of the gorgeous villas (#13), and Steve and the rest of the staff were incredibly helpful, checking in on us and bringing us whatever we needed. As the storm was rolling in, they even opened the kitchen to put together meals for us and the other guests—they really went above and beyond! After the storm passed we spent some time on Sky Beach, which is breathtaking. The resort itself—the pool area and bistro—is also great—you can't beat a swim up bar! We had a great time, and highly recommend Sky Beach. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the resort. We were in Villa 13 - the view is incredible!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenKappelerVP, General Manager at Sky Beach Club, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Tom and Amanda,
Wow, Hurricane Sandy really put all to the test.
You were such great guests weathering the storm with us and through the many related brown and black outs of electricity and water shortages. You were great out island troopers always with a positive attitude and you had the whole place to your self for photography, if even there was some neighboring temproary destruction and flooding down the road. As you can see, our resort did very well compared to what happened to the Eastern Seaboard days later. It was a pleasure and memorable fun to scramble up a special seafood feast while our kitchen had no power but had propane.Thanks again for being our best guests and enduring what most ran from and making the best of it, I know you enjoyed the Luxury villas and our newly shaped pink sand beach!
Best,
Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We celebrate our beautiful weeding and stay one week in Sky beach, All people from Skybeach club, was so helpfully kind and nice that we really want to stay longer, Juliana Parker, Menishka Baar, Shiell Campbell ( they offer to be witnesses) Candy, Stephan, the gardener...all!! !discret and respectful and helpfully.. They help us to do a natural no comercilal weeding.
We love the place and the beach, a beach fou us with the Ocean, the sustainable eco way with a European touch...Just in armony with the nature, and with the nice brand new bungalows.
Thank you very much, We hope come back and enjoy the silent, the ocean, the nature and the nice people from Eleuthera, and Skybeach.

Room Tip: All the bungalows are good and with privacity, not big diference.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ELEUTHERA, BAHAMAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I Personally Made reservations For Some of my Conference Guests who requested to
stay at SkyBeach

Firstly Stephan Kappler, General Manager, Was Sooo courteous and helpful and.
Wanted tomake sure i was happy with the rooms etc., which to me were out of this world!.
HIis Assistant Menischca Barr followed up on every detail and made me feel like a V.I.P.

Whenever i came to check Selena met me at thge entrance with a beautiful smile and escorted me to either Stephan orMenischca. Selena is so gracious.

SKY BEACH REsort Is beautifully located by the ocean . The Staff make sure youkow they
appreciate your business and do everything to ensure their guests have awonderful experience.

Thank you SKYBEACH for your efficient and courteous service.
I am sure my guestswill give the "inside edition"
Just continue to be Heads above the rest!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and have good views One Just need a mind set to relaxand enjoy the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My family and I rented Villa 13. The views were breath-taking and the kids loved having a private pool right at the doorstep. The staff were very helpful. Steve assisted us in checking in early, as we arrived to Eleuthera on an early am flight. We really appreciated it. Manishca, Selena and Janet were also very accommodating and helpful! We will definitely be back and highly recommend Sky Beach Club!!!! The atmosphere, location and friendly staff made this a wonderful weekend getaway!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've been home for one day and I already miss it. I am a business jet pilot so I stay at a lot of places. This is possibly one of the best resorts I have visited. The staff was outstanding. Mineshka (sorry for the spelling) was a gracious host on my arrival. The entire staff was always asking if things were going well. The resort itself is something out of a magazine. I spent two nights in the poolside bungalow and two nights in the split level house. Both were very nice but since I was solo, the house seemed very big and lonely. Nevertheless the view was unreal. All three days I was on the beach, I think I ran into 2 people. Great place for a couple or family wanting a peaceful place. To the staff at Sky Beach, you all are an excellent host. I hope to be back with my wife the next time. Sorry ladies

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Panama City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited the resort with a few other couples for a friend's bday. The view was exceptional and both houses (split level and single story) felt straight out of HGTV! Top of the line appliances, fixtures and don't get me started about the Infiniti pool!

The entire resort was breathtaking and it was perfect that the houses were well spaced on the hill (we partied the entire night in our private pool)! I would've loved to spend more time, but duty called back home. The experience put a spark back in everyone's relationship, you would have be a miserable sod for you to have not had the time of your life!!!!

I would rate it nothing less than 5 stars! It's honestly by far my best resort experience to date! I'll be back before Dec. I can't believe the place even existed so close to home (Nassau) And went undetected by me for so long!

Steve Kappeler was very warm and welcoming to us as locals and the resort is a MUST see and experience!!!
See you again soon!

• Stayed September 2012
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The stay was AMAZING! We had a little hiccup when we arrived, in that our reservation was booked for us to get there on Sunday, when we actually arrived on Saturday. No major issue though. The Executive VP himself, Steve Kappeler, came back to the property at 9:30 that night to ensure us that everything would be sorted, and he did just that. Both he and Julianna Parker, the lady who we booked with were exceptional. In the 30 minutes they took to sorted everything out, we lounged alongside the main infinity pool with the best spring rolls ever!

The rest of the trip only got better. The accomodations were exceptional and the views were breathtaking. I am a Bahamian so I am accustomed to the beauty of the Bahamas, but every so often there is still a part of these island that still take my breath away...this was one of them.

We brought our groceries down from Nassau, so we did not have to leave the property for anything. Awesome overall. Will be back again next year :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sky Beach Club? Share your experiences!