“Our favorite spot on our favorite island!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eleuthera
Rainbow Inn
You added Rainbow Inn to your Saves list
Governor's Harbour, EL25053, Eleuthera   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Eleuthera B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Our favorite spot on our favorite island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I have been to the island of Eleuthera a few times both with friends and just us. We are absolutely in love with the island and long to make at least one trip a year. We are just as in love with the Rainbow Inn! From the family that runs it, to the staff, to the excellent food, perfect view, great accommodations, wonderful parties and live music... we are smitten. We feel like its our home away from home. They make us feel like not just good friends but family. We recently had the best New Years Eve of our lives at their fantastic party! Some of our most special memories of being a married couple are surrounded with the wonderful Rainbow Inn!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hubby and I try to explore a new island every time we travel in january and this RAINBOW inn experience could challenge that concept and make us want to go back over and over again to the same friendly place. How can you pass up a small suite with kitchennette and sitting toom next to the best restaurant and near the nicest beach with HANDICAPPED access on ELEUTHERA, Also a swimming pool outside our door and tons of cool birds. We only left for dinner on the night their restaurant was closed and that was begrudgingly. A wonderful family mentioned many times previously make their welcoming but unobtrusive services look simple and you know it isn't. The snorkeling was very good, not up to Roatan or Bonaire or Hawaii or Belize or Turks and Caicos or Cozumel or the Caymans but very easy from the beach and we did not leave the one beach nearby as it was so easily accessible for my other half who needs knee surgery and has trouble with beach access. I do not want to go on and on but I easily could. I think you get the picture. Eleuthera is a very quiet island and you should not go here to see cruise ships docking. Thank goodness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Steuben, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Yes, my family & I have stayed at & enjoyed the treasures of Rainbow Inn many times!

The FIRST TIME was years ago when my artist/sculptor husband (the late John Kucera) & I were first married. At that time, the Schuberts (sp.) owned it & we had an upstairs apartment. It was a beautiful, memorable time when egrets sat aloft milk cows at the Plantation, and Casa. trees lined both sides of the Queen highway along the route to your beautiful Inn. This beautiful world was the source of John's many beautiful Watercolors and my collection of 25 sonnets on Eleuthera, which we painted and wrote on that first memorable visit.

Years later, after we bought a home on Eleuthera Shores (which we named Heathrock), we had 2 beautiful children (John-Paul & Heather-Maria) and often dined at the fantastic Rainbow Inn. We were going to raise our children there, but unfortunately our dream was interrupted. (I believe that some musician now owns our former home.)

Still, even though circumstances compelled our return to the states, we returned as often as possible. ON MY LATEST VISIT to Eleuthera, a special Mother Day's present from my children, my son and I enjoyed a beautiful dinner at YOUR Inn. Looking at your colorful foliage and lovely water view, I was once more transplanted to that very special time (my husband and my first visit at Rainbow Inn), and, applauding your continuity of graceful beauty, my inner poetic words resounded, SOMETHING THERE IS THAT NEVER DIES/EVER BORN UNDER CARING EYES. Thank you!

Since that last visit, I decided to share my sonnets, "A Quarter-Free:Songs of Eleuthera" by Jean Sterling (written on that first visit years ago), which have just been published on Amazon. Hopefully, you will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed "living" them.

May your unique Inn always welcome & pulsuate the heart of Eleuthera, my beautiful Utopian home where I have always lived spiritually and will someday (soon, hopefully!) return in body as well.

Again, thank you for continuing and adding to Rainbow Inn's graceful charm and beauty! Truly, it resounds, SOMETHING THERE IS THAT NEVER DIES/EVER BORN UNDER CARING EYES. --- Jean Sterling

Room Tip: Every room is special as is the beautiful Dining Room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Edwards, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We loved the lodging at Rainbow Inn on Eleuthera Bahamas, but we loved the attentive, responsive, staff and family feeling at the Rainbow even better! Their restaurant is the best on the Island, and we tried many! Their wide variety of selections, uniquely prepared, quickly served by the most friendly staff set it apart from any other restaurants. Not to mention the specials (like Monday's Pizza Night with the best Seafood Pizza ever) as well as the live music (3/4 nights a week), which gets the party going, well supplied by the Island's best Bar Tender, Tawana!!!
We had a booking glitch, so the wonderful Wassermans (the Canadian family that now runs and lives at the Rainbow) upgraded us to another unit. Although when my wife had an allergic reaction, they happily re-arranged units again (which must have been a hassle for they appeared fully booked)!
To top it off, Zev Wasserman provided us great Bone Fishing; first with maps and local information (priceless) and guided (boat & car) trips. He got us on extremely large Bone Fish (I've seen more fish in Andros, but the number of large bones was impressive) and our catch included a 10+ pounder! I'd highly recommend him to any Bone Fisherman interested in Eleuthera!
The grounds are fully mature and the sunsets, spectacular, with a deep pool, great breeze and minimal "no-see-ems"! The offer very comfortable and reasonably priced variety of units. So if you're looking for a beautifully relaxing spot with all the comforts, service, food and fishing provided in a welcoming, family manor, look no further than the RainBow Inn! We can't wait to again escape the Colorado winter and return to do it all over again!!
Cathy & Jeff Strom (from the mountains of Colorado)

Room Tip: The Hybiscus and Hummingbird units face the pool & sunset view with their own decks. All units...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We are fairly convinced that there aren’t words to express the amazing Zev and Mish, Boy Meets Girl Weddings, and the incredible Rainbow Inn. Having practically lived out of the Rainbow Inn while staying nearby on a previous trip to Eleuthera, when my wife and I decided to get married we decided to make the Inn our base camp and literally move in for an extended party. We knew we’d have friendly faces, great cooking, and the incredible views and hospitality of the island and everyone involved with Mish and Zev’s organization. We didn’t want a big to do, or to trouble a wedding planner with every detail needing to be perfect. We just wanted to relax and have fun. Honestly, and naively, we didn’t think we actually needed any taking care of. We would have been happy eating pizza form their wood fired oven with a few family members and friends on their immaculate lawn.

What we didn’t know is that Zev and Mish would blow our minds. Sure, basing our wedding out of Rainbow Inn and having Boy Meets Girl plan our wedding came with what we expected: incredible views, stress-less days leading up to the wedding, amazing staff (with incredible smiles), and the food…WOW. However, Zev and Mish gave us so much more. We could write a book about all they did for us and our party of crazy guests. Mish has great vision and we suggest letting her run with whatever she sees should be done. She really took the time to get to know us, both on site, and before we arrived and brought to life our relaxed vision of our wedding and rehearsal. If you have your own vision, Mish will not only meet it, but make it perfect, with extra amazingness thrown in for good measure. The few things we really cared about were not only there and present, but were even more on point than we could have hoped. Boy Meets Girl was able to take a small vision and expand on it beautifully while ensuring the must-haves were prominent with no stress on our part.

Need a taxi to an amazing street party…Done.

Have a surprise change in someone’s dietary restriction…No problem!

Boy Meets Girl seemed to have back-ups to their back-up plans. In such a laid back, go-with-the-flow peaceful place, where we were expecting just to suck it up if some problem arose, we didn’t need to worry. They had us well covered.

One final piece of advice, whether planning an event or just visiting, let Mish run with her vision and just trust her. Your time will be amazing. If she says, “let’s have the wedding in the ocean” just do it, you will be well pleased. If Zev suggests a boat captain for a fishing trip…GO! I guess that’s the message, go to Rainbow Inn right now! Plan an event with Mish and Zev!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rhonda W, Owner at Rainbow Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Ryan & Rachel, i don't like to play favorites with my wedding couples as i love them all equally, but there is something very special about the two of your and your families, it was a joyous occasion for us to have shared in your celebration, i have wonderful memories or your wedding week and we are honored to have been asked to be a part of it. We are thrilled that you are coming back this May for your anniversary trip and cant wait to share the memories with you all over again. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us and Boy Meets Girl Weddings, our in-house event management team, it means the world to us to know how much your special day meant to you and your families... see you soon xoxo Mish & Zev
Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Thanks to the Wasserman family (Richard, Rhonda, Mish, Zev) and staff who are very kind and generous with smiles, greetings and suggestions for sightseeing this beautiful island! The food was delicious! The music was great! And the New Year's Eve Junkanoo celebration was spectacular with a bahamian band playing handmade painted drums, horns, colorful island costumes and fireworks at midnight! Special kudos to Misch for the costumes she designed (she was a beautiful mermaid and staff were fun sea creatures)!!! Beautiful beaches all over the island with a rich history! A a glorious vacation! GO IF YOU CAN...WELL WORTH IT!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine...we happened to be in #1 hummingbird right on the pool and facing the sunset...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Rhonda W, Owner at Rainbow Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, its our pleasure to have hosted your stay and an honor to have met you!!! until next time
Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I spent my first New Year's at Rainbow Inn , with a weeks vacation from December 27th 2013- January 3rd 2014. Met some really nice friends who were also staying there, as well as other people at the bar. This was my 5th stay for the year 2013. Hope to be back in March. Keep up the good work owners & staff.

Room Tip: I love the little cottages the best Rooms 1,2,6,&7. However if you have a family or are two or m...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Rhonda W, Owner at Rainbow Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
DAVID.... thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us over New Years Eve "FantaSea Festival" it was a wonderful night and we were honored to host your vacation.

Been to Rainbow Inn? Share your experiences!