“Endless beaches, beautiful rooms, excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cocodimama Charming Resort

Save Saved
You added Cocodimama Charming Resort to your Saves list
Cocodimama Charming Resort
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Alabaster Bay's beach | PO Box 122 Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera (Formerly Cocodimama Eleuthera)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Eleuthera B&B and Inns
Wisconsin
“Endless beaches, beautiful rooms, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Located on a beautiful, quiet beach there were only 2 other couples staying at the 12 room hotel the week we were there. With 3 buildings, each with 4 rooms (2 up and 2 down) all of the rooms faced the water. There was snorkel gear at our disposal and a sunfish boat, both for free and we didn't have to wait since there were hardly any other guests.

The owners were friendly and the on-site Italian restaurant was fantastic! Any time we needed anything they were there for us with suggestions and solutions. Head south from the hotel for some of the best snorkeling in the world or head to the Atlantic side of the island easily within walking distance for a completely secluded beach with wonderful wave action.

The rooms were first rate - large, clean, modern and romantic! This is the best most relaxing vacation I have ever taken in my life. Cocodimama is the best!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
parma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I don't think to have enough words to describe how fantastic has been our vacation at Cocodimama. First of all you are in one of the most incredible places in the world then everything you have around you in the hotel is a small art craft, tables, lamps, flower vases ... are made by the owners. maybe also the owners are art crafts here to let your vacation become a dream. I read the rating of "someone" that maybe doesn't want you to go there just because he want to say that he has been the only one to has been there!! food is exactly what you hope to find, here we feel in one of the best restaurant that we have in Italy (we don't eat soo bad in Parma...what you think MAN!), I don't say that we eat like home because is really better...but...don't say it to my wife!!!
rooms are tastefully decorated, spacious, and very very clean, everybody is kind if you need something they are ready to help you.
and then in the dreams of the children I'm sure there are dogs!! keep yourself strongly to the chair you are on because in Cocodimama there is Ercolino and Phoebe. Ercolino (yorkshire) is the real Maitre of the restaurant, always ready to come to you if you don't want to finish your dish and Phoebe (Pot Cake dog) is the rescue of the beach. Don't go too far from Cocodimama beach because she comes to bring you back.
Well, me and my wife have travelled enough to say that there is not another place like this,...ok darling...you're right..we have never been on the moon!!
If you spend your vacations in Cocodimama you will meet Ago and Natasha (owners and angels of the hotel), Mira (the queen of the kitchen, everything that comes out from that door should be in a museum), Sammy (the showman, the barman, the bartenderman, ......MAN!!!!!!), Michael (maybe he's from the moon for his kindness, always ready to help you) and everybody else we have met in our first but not last holiday in Cocodimama Hotel.
Francesca & Michele

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
willfrench
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We recently stayed for a week at the Cocodimama with our family of five, including three teen-age daughters. I would recommend the resort with high marks - for its' location and scenic beauty, for the attractiveness of the property, and the fine food, but most of all for the hospitality of the staff and management of the hotel.

Most of the other guests at Cocodimama appeared to be couples, and the ambience of the lobby/dining room and guest room interiors certainly support a "romantic getaway" in fine fashion. At the same time, when we arrived, fresh off a day of snorkeling and beach, we were heartily welcomed, helped to our rooms, and beds arranged to give all a comfortable stay. My three daughters were able to fine a very friendly and responsive staff, led by Sammy at the bar, which made it easy for my wife and I to relax knowing that the rest of the family was well cared for.

The hotel is owned by a US company, and Michael represents them well making sure day to day operations run smoothly. At the same time, hotel and dining in run by an Italian family, and Ago, Natasha, and "Momma" really help make it a unique experience. I can easily say that some of the best Italian food I've had in the world was on Eleuthera at Cocodimama, and I will stand by the hand made ravioli and meatballs as being superlative anywhere. Ago brings an artistic flair that is in evidence throughout the property in furnishings and decorations, and even to the table in unique centerpieces and wine lists. Natasha and Ago are gracious hosts, which brings a repeat clientele making evenings on the deck quite enjoyable with a "continental" flair.

A beautiful spot that is well worth consideration as a couple or a family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Noale, Venezia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

what to say?? the location is fantastic, white sand, crystal clear water, very nice secluded beach with the possibility to go for a walk...
the rooms: only 12, nice, very cozy and confortable, 2 per floor of delicious colonial style villas..some notes on the rooms: there wasn't storage space for the clothes, the wardrobe was empty, not even a shelf....the third bed which was arranged for my daughter had a mattress merely 1 1/2 high, virtually non existing, so we emptied the suitcase and used it as a locker, I wish the management had put more attention into details.

the cuisine...well, being Italian food was nothing special, carbonara, arrabbiata, pesto, it's what you would normally eat at home. So food wasn't much a surprise.. surprising were sometimes the checks at the end of the day, where a pasta "speciale" was for 18$, a bit too much maybe... I thought guest had a different treatment for the "outsiders", considering we were eating in the restaurant three times a day, but no, we were treated like all the others, sometimes worse.
When the restaurant is full the service is definetely bad, waited for 1 hour for two plates of pasta, I got only one (half cooked and tasteless, by the way), I was offered something else and, voila, 10 seconds later I got it on the table (of course it was a mistake refused from another guest), total ? 18$+18$, not bad for two plates of pasta, huh?
Breakfast? cereals, corn flakes, yogurts, milk, coffee, juices, watch out: NO FRESH FRUIT!! in an island where the main products are pinapples, mangos and bananas, the only fruit you'll ever see is in the ice cream (10$).... funny, HUH?
I'd rather the two dogs would stay out of the restaurant and also that the waiters avoid petting them and then serving at the table without even washing their hands...hygiene not a main issue, sometimes the cook was coming out of the kitchen with a lit sigarette..
Long grumpy faces in the morning, even 10$ tips where not enough to get a smile from some of them, not even a good morning. The best one was Sam, the bartender, always kind and smiling, he deserves 10/10.

Ah, apparently no one noticed the area is infested with SAND FLIES, which (specially at night) will leave all the exposed parts covered in very very itchy bites which last for a couple of weeks at least.. forget eating outside, we tried the first night but had to give up and sit inside. apparently the management do not pay much attention and never warned us or any of the other guests, only after a few days I got the advice to use baby oil..baby oil my ***!!! I must have like 150 bite marks on my legs and arms, luckily my wife and daughter were not attacked the same way.

Oh, and funny enough, when you try to avoid the same blood-thirsty beasts to enter your room keeping door and windows shut, the house keepers come, leaving the doors open for over an hour when cleaning the rooms... of course no vacuum cleaner, just the same wet mop for all of the guest rooms...

the website claims there's snorkeling equipment available, well, there must be a mistake because there's nothing, I guess the only guest recreational items were two old kayaks and a small catamaran, resting near the wall, by the restaurant patio. I guess the boat is available for water skying also for guests (I've only seen Agostino and Natasha using it) no one said anything.
Wifi was available only in the lobby, some sort of router was available in the room, but never worked.
Surprisingly enough the best night we had in the resort was the Bahamian buffet, on monday night, when the italians have the day off and let the locals cook.... I enjoyed the chicken and the pork chops more than my homemade-like pasta.....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

I've just spent a week at Cocodimama with my wife and two children. It is now open again and run by two Italians who are absolutely fantastic.
The service is very good, at very reasonable price.
The place is unique, marvellous. Just 12 rooms in three wooden houses directly on a white sandy beach. Clean, charming and romantic, the perfect place to relax.
The restaurant is probably one of the best I ever been in, run by Mira with her fantastic cusine.
The island is fantastic, and I strongly suggest to rent a car to explore it from north to south. The problem is coming back home!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

We did not stay here (though wished we did) just spent some time here before our flight home. We were warmly welcomed by the owners and staff and used the facilities before a wonderful lunch in the elegant dining room. The beach is one of the best on Eleuthera and there is nothing there - but Cocodimama. We didn't look at the rooms but they looked charming from the exterior and judging by the standard of decor in the main building I would expect them to be very good indeed. This place is definitely worth considering for a short stay on Eleuthera.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Lake Placid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed at a house about 5 miles away but we were attracted to Cocodimama's beach and restaurant everyday. The beach is so quiet, with amazing sandbars exposed on low tide. There are tons of conch shells and sand dollars!!!! The sand is so sugary soft. And then there is Cocodimamas with their beautiful setting right on the beach. They have wonderful beach furniture and it was great to get drinks delivered right on the beach by the great young staff of people that obviously appreciate where they are and are so eager to make everyone feel so welcome. I loved the fact that there are no signs all over the place telling you what to do and what not to do. The restaurant is so airy and light and the Carribean colors are so refreshing. You feel as if you are transitioning from the gorgeous turqouise waters right into the most relaxing setting you could imagine. The deck is an amazing place for lunch, shaded from the bright blue sky and sun, by big umbrellas. The menu is full of unique choices and it's hard to make a decision. Lunch was always great and we therefore couldn't imagine going anywhere else for dinner! The tuna was such a treat and I had the Caribinara a number of times as well. The staff got to know us and they treated us like friends which made us feel welcome to come back time after time. I would love to go back to Eleuthera because it is the best place that I've ever enjoyed a vacation and staying at Cocodimama would make it the perfect spot for exploring up and down the island. The beautiful buildings in their soft Caribean colors invite relaxation from the moment you lay eyes on the place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Cocodimama Charming Resort? Share your experiences!