My husband proposed on the beach here over nine years ago, we returned for our wedding five months later and I thought we had found paradise on earth! Sam, the bar man was so special I would have transported him back to Canada. This Cocodimama was then owned and run by a young Italian couple, and truly was a ' very special place',couldn't fault a single thing.
Returned in February of 2012 to celebrate a milestone birthday, and although the place is still magical and we had a great time, it will be our last. Sam was still there, and was as lovely and friendly as ever, the new owners were Americans and it became apparent that this was 'all about the money'. They have closed the resort to build a new family facility, which will totally destroy everything we love about the place, I find it so sad that somewhere so special, were I couldn't fault anything will just be another large hotel. I'm actually mourning its loss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your search for that special place in the sun and the ultimate Bahamian beach experience has been rewarded with the discovery of Cocodimama, Eleuthera’s most charming beachfront resort.Cocodimama Resort is located just two miles from the airport and seven miles from the quaint historic town of Governor’s Harbour. This Bahamas resort is situated at the center of picture-perfect Alabaster Bay’s spectacular beach — which stretches for a mile along the crystal clear azure waters of the Caribbean Sea. Cocodimama’s location on Eleuthera, a narrow point of the 105-mile long island, presents guests with the opportunity to stroll to the Atlantic Ocean to enjoy the splendor of miles of uninterrupted pink sand beach as they watch the Atlantic’s blue-green waters roll ashore over nearby reefs. The combination of the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, rolling green hills, and two extraordinary beaches presents our resort guests with a one of kind “surf and turf” experience.The resort’s colonial main house features our bar, lounge, and award-winning restaurant. The restaurant’s terrace is the perfect place to relax and enjoy an evening cocktail and legendary majestic sunset. Our 12 spacious beachfront guest rooms are located in three Bahamian style cottages with covered verandas, wonderful ocean views, and the beach at your doorstep. Cocodimama Resort offers complimentary use of kayaks and snorkel equipment. The resort will assist in arranging fishing and scuba diving expeditions, as well as boat charters, water sports, horseback riding and car rentals.Getting to Cocodimama is easy. You can fly directly to Eleuthera in less than an hour from Fort Lauderdaleand only fifteen minutes from Nassau. A two-hour fast ferry connects Nassau with Eleuthera seven days a week. So whether you are vacationing as a single, couple, or family; planning a wedding or honeymoon; looking for a place to dive, fish, or boat; seek an island resort for an executive board meeting; or simply want to do nothing at all but enjoy great food and wine and a fabulous beach, come join us in paradise at Eleuthera’s CocodimamaFrom the moment you arrive you will feel like an important member of a private club, not just another guest with a room number. Within 24 hours you will experience a sense of detachment from the pressures of Wall Street and Main Street as you ease into a lifestyle of carefree comfort and total relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Tingo and Agoda so you can book your Cocodimama Charming Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocodimama Eleuthera Hotel Eleuthera
- Cocodimama Hotel Eleuthera
- Cocodimama Charming Resort Eleuthera, Bahamas