Solo traveler, the week of Christmas, so things were pretty busy. Cocodimama sits on a beautiful beach with great swimming. Room is perfect, good pillows and sheets, but amenities could have been a bit better, given it is right on the beach. For the price (US$300 per night), I would have liked some small bottles of body lotion, sunscreen and insect repellant, all of which were available at an extra charge. Also, the continental breakfast included was very sparse. Food in dining room was inconsistent - sometimes great and sometimes mediocre, but probably because it was busy and crowded during Christmas.
The great: Allison at the front desk watched over me because I was alone and going out snorkeling everyday. She took an interest in where I was going and when I would return, and this made me feel welcomed and cared about. Conversely, upon early morning check-out, staff stood around and watched as I carried my heavy luggage down stairs and to my vehicle, and didn't offer to assist and actually scowled when I asked for help.
Would I stay here again? Not sure given all the other similarly priced accommodations on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your search for that special place in the sun and the ultimate Bahamian beach experience has been rewarded with the discovery of Cocodimama, Eleuthera’s most charming beachfront resort.Cocodimama Resort is located just two miles from the airport and seven miles from the quaint historic town of Governor’s Harbour. This Bahamas resort is situated at the center of picture-perfect Alabaster Bay’s spectacular beach — which stretches for a mile along the crystal clear azure waters of the Caribbean Sea. Cocodimama’s location on Eleuthera, a narrow point of the 105-mile long island, presents guests with the opportunity to stroll to the Atlantic Ocean to enjoy the splendor of miles of uninterrupted pink sand beach as they watch the Atlantic’s blue-green waters roll ashore over nearby reefs. The combination of the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, rolling green hills, and two extraordinary beaches presents our resort guests with a one of kind “surf and turf” experience.The resort’s colonial main house features our bar, lounge, and award-winning restaurant. The restaurant’s terrace is the perfect place to relax and enjoy an evening cocktail and legendary majestic sunset. Our 12 spacious beachfront guest rooms are located in three Bahamian style cottages with covered verandas, wonderful ocean views, and the beach at your doorstep. Cocodimama Resort offers complimentary use of kayaks and snorkel equipment. The resort will assist in arranging fishing and scuba diving expeditions, as well as boat charters, water sports, horseback riding and car rentals.Getting to Cocodimama is easy. You can fly directly to Eleuthera in less than an hour from Fort Lauderdaleand only fifteen minutes from Nassau. A two-hour fast ferry connects Nassau with Eleuthera seven days a week. So whether you are vacationing as a single, couple, or family; planning a wedding or honeymoon; looking for a place to dive, fish, or boat; seek an island resort for an executive board meeting; or simply want to do nothing at all but enjoy great food and wine and a fabulous beach, come join us in paradise at Eleuthera’s CocodimamaFrom the moment you arrive you will feel like an important member of a private club, not just another guest with a room number. Within 24 hours you will experience a sense of detachment from the pressures of Wall Street and Main Street as you ease into a lifestyle of carefree comfort and total relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Cocodimama Charming Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocodimama Eleuthera Hotel Eleuthera
- Cocodimama Hotel Eleuthera
- Cocodimama Charming Resort Eleuthera, Bahamas