I booked first then read the reviews and was afraid it was going to turn out poorly but I am happy to report it went fairly smooth! Here is what we did: got to the terminal around 5:00 on friday the 10th. Carried two small bags as we were scheduled to return on Sunday. Check in was fine, they give you boarding passes and your room key at this point if you are staying in one of the villas. Got on the boat had few drinks and waited for Ponce de Leon restaurant to open $25 per person, steak or salmon both were great and a glass of wine and dessert. If you plan to eat there reserve your spot when you get on the boat. The ship takes off after the drill and everyone has been accounted for. After dinner went up to deck 10 where they had music and a very lively host who was very entertaining. Around 11:00 reached Bimini everyone gathers either in the casino or the sports lounge as you exit your card is scanned and then you get on a tram that takes you to your villa. Ours was nice, clean, 2 bedroom 2 bath on the third floor. Note: purchase a couple bottles of water from the bar on the ship before you get off, there is no water in room or minibar and the water from the faucet smells like sulfer. I did check the sliding doors and one was unlocked to the balcony but that was a quick fix.
Saturday morning headed out in search of breakfast but Bimini comes to life at 9:00 am. Ended up at the "Starbucks" near the lobby where we spent $35 on fruit, 2 coffees and a egg sandwich. Then started our search for a golf cart rental agent on the resort property. This is a must! Everything is very spread out. Spent 75 on a full day rental at the casino parking lot, cheapest place on the resort, remember to stay left. Drove around to Alice Town who was asleep until about 11:00 am. Bought water at a grocery store. Had lunch in at Big Game conch chowder (pass) conch fritters (ok) and cracked conch (awesome) lots of flies and spent $115.00 including tip and drinks. Headed to the beach at the resort, beautiful, rented an umbrella $20. Then headed to the sabor pool, great ambiance nice pool, good fun. Went back to the villa and realized there was no blow dryer. Note: if you plan to style your hair for Saturday night bring your own dryer. Went to sabor restaurant, dinner for two with bottle of wine $240 went to the casino after and had a nightcap. There was no nightclub on the resort property. Had an early night 11:00.
Sunday went back to the ship first thing in the am and had breakfast at their buffet $10 per person but open early and very well stocked. We left port around 10:00 am, they had bingo in the sport lounge and entertainment on deck 10. We were docking in Miami 1:00 pm. Did customs fairly quickly and were home in Kendall by 2:30. Overall I would do it again, just smarter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 48 miles off the coast of South Florida on the quaint Bahamian island of North Bimini lies the new Bimini Bay Resort. We feature 135 luxury vacation rentals comprised of condominiums, loft-like treehouses and single family homes as well as a full-service marina with accommodations for up to 150 ft, infinity edge pool, grille, Swedish and Thai massage services, children's playground and a fine dining restaurant overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Resorts World Bimini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bimini Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Bimini
- Bimini Bay Resort And Marina
- Bimini Bay Hotel Marina
- Resorts World Bimini Bahamas