“Never again!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bimini
Margate, Florida
“Never again!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The worst ever! The cruise was such a rip off for those who paid the full amount. Once you get over to the island, everything is closed except for the casino and downt town clubs and bars. There are no locations to purchase food. Tourist are restricted to only go to the casino and clubs. Can't explore the island because the ship departs the island 9am in the morning heading back to Miami. Just such a bad experience especially sailing in horrible weather. The tides were to high and the water was very choppy which caused the boat to rock uncontrollably and many people got sick. Food could definitely be better than what it was. No juice available to drink only water. Soda has to be purchased for $3 and gratuity is included in everything. Had I know, I would have never spent my money especially when some people were sailing for only $25! And the cabins are nothing like what you see on tv, they are very mini in size, not enough room turn turn a full complete circle.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

to take account of this disorganization hotel..and say this with great sadness, because the place has everything to be the best hotel. got tired of traveling coming from miami, check in was very confusing. then did not have transportation to the room, since the rooms are far from reception. wanted to rent an electric car, and nobody knew how to steer right rent. after already installed in the room, we were lounging at the pool, however the last thing you get to do in the pool will be resting. We have animators ill prepared in the pool and put the volume of music at a level that you can not talk to the person that you are on the side. ask us and other guests asked to lower the volume, and the animators said they simply did not. We decided to leave a day earlier than planned because we went to the hotel to rest and we can not. the rooms are good, the hotel has potential, however this very mismanaged.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very bad, island under construction, not enough time on the island. 5 hours and not 6... Most of the restaurants are closed.. Paradise beach - one sprite 4$.. The tram is operating unorganized... Too many things are coming immediately to my mind :(

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff was very friendly and very polite.
Since our ship was running late, some people were given free food, drinks, and towels to wrap ourselves up since it was extremely windy. One of the managers treated me to a free birthday drink and two shots of tequila.
So overall, it was a fantastic experience exploring the Bahamas, apart from my hometown here in Florida.

Stayed November 2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my third day trip there (I went 2 times before earlier this year when you had to tender in) and wanted to try it again since you can now dock at the pier. This time I sailed on Sunday, 10/12/14. I had really good luck the other two times so I figured this could only make the trip better, and boy was I right! The crew is so nice and friendly, from the time you get on the ship to even when you are saying goodnight (after they have worked all day, they are still smiling and thanking you). I live locally so I was able to book my trip a just a few days in advance once I verified the weather was going to be good (I think this is a big part of having an enjoyable trip, low waves, lots of sun, low winds - all make for smoother sailing).

I got there early, to avoid long check-in lines and was on board in about 5-7 minutes. This time I splurged and reserved an inside cabin when I made my booking, that also made my trip more enjoyable because I had somewhere to store my stuff when I was on the island and I could shower when I got back after a day at the beach. If you can afford it it is a nice plus to the day trip. The cabin is small but the bathroom is actually slightly bigger (not much but it is) than the normal inside cabin on a regular cruise ship. They provide shower items and towels in the room, another plus. I ate breakfast at the $5 continental breakfast up on the top deck and watched the sunrise (I got there just before 7 am). We left exactly on time and arrived in Bimini right around 11:45 a.m. We were off the ship and walking down the pier just after noon.

When I go I usually spend $40 and rent a golf cart for the day to run around the island. With only a little over 4 hours there you will spend a lot of time waiting on trams to get you around if you are trying to go more than one place. If you only want to go to the beach or into town or to the resort than the tram is all you would need and it is free. The tram picked us up right by the ship, virtually no walking, and took us to the beach first - where I could quickly pick up a golf cart. After that I drove around the island, visiting beaches, taking pictures and just relaxing and finding shells. It is an absolutely gorgeous place if you get outside the resort area and see the natural beaches. Don't get me wrong the resort is very nice and new and clean. I stopped into the casino for a moment just to see it and while it was small, it was very clean an bright inside. The pool area is really pretty too and day-trippers are allowed to use that entire area. I have never tried any of the restaurants on the island (I usually just eat before I get off the ship and when I get back on) so I have time to just explore. The locals seem to be very nice and friendly and I have never encountered any concerns while on the island. You have to be back to the ship no later than 4:45 now (an hour later than before when you tendered) so I returned my golf cart and took the tram back by 4:30 or so. I was then able to shower and go eat dinner in the buffet. You do pay for the meals on the ship (the buffet is $15 plus tax) but the food is good and the service is friendly. After that I hung out on deck as we sailed back to Miami, read a book and watched the sunset.

Disembarkation takes about an hour because of customs, so I have always stayed up on the decks relaxing until the line calms down. We usually get back to Miami around 8 and I have always been off the ship by 9 pm. I have no desire to stand in a long line, so relaxing up top on the deck, watching the Miami skyline, is a much better scenario for me (the process is not held up because of the ships process at all, they make it as easy as they can, it is instead just the time it takes to get through customs). You do pay a $7 fee to park for the day, but now with the tunnel open from the port it is even easier to get back to 95. I would recommend this trip to anyone who wants to spend a day going to a beautiful island in the Bahamas!

Room Tip: I booked the inside cabin for the day trip on the ship
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

I booked a weekend trip with a few of my friends for my Birthday back in September. We were all blown away by the beauty of the resort!!! The staff was polite, friendly and very accommodating. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. The rooms are beautiful with breathtaking views. One of the Managers, Valnardo Dean, even left a bottle of wine, a cheese platter and a cake in our room to help us celebrate!!! The resort is a great pick for newlyweds, a family or group of friends!!! Be sure to book a golf cart to make getting around easier. We will definitely be back at the Resort in the future!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

The resort is a huge dusty work in progress, the only educated people are the service people. Costumers, because of the Superfast ferry back and forward in 12 hours, are very low level.
Overrated and NOT recommended

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Resorts World Bimini? Share your experiences!