“There's better places” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bimini
palm bch. county, fl.
“There's better places”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Do NOT waste your money or your time on this resort or round trip ship ride over. Our room had 1 bath towel and 1 kitchen towel and no blow dryer. It took 6 phone calls and a day later before they brought us 2 hand towels and 2 wash cloths. Very over priced and boring. Spend a few bucks more and go to Atlantis! Exiting the ship in Miami took 2 1/2 hours.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Homestead, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

A mutli-part reivew of the Bimini Resorts World Weekend Get Away.
Bottom line up front…it was bad! Bad in the sense, that if I had to do it all over again… I wouldn’t! On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best time ever, I would have to give it a 0 or a 1. But, I did go with my wife and just being with her anywhere makes even the worst of trips enjoyable. I thought I was alone in my thinking and it saddens me to think, but after conversing with others on the so called Travel Package, I found that my thinking was in the majority. With that said, now I would like to explain my reasons for ranking this very expensive, though billed as inexpensive, trip as one of the worst trips ever ventured by me. What I hope to reveal in this review is my frustration and pure anger with being stuck on an island prison of sorts. I have waited a day to start this review, in hope to not report anything that may be construed as bitter, but more in line with an honest assessment of this two day adventure. I will discuss the trip in six terms that I have concluded best attempts to organize my thoughts. I will discuss the initial costs of the trip, the time involved in getting to the location and return, the services provided by the resorts personnel, the being held captive on an island prison, the activities available on the island, and finally the overall customer service from the World Resort staff.
Initial Cost
My wife and I live in south Florida. A beautiful part of the United State and very warm all year round. By being residents of south Florida, and having family members live in the other parts of the United States, our house becomes a perfect get–a-way for our family members who live in the other parts of the US. We have no complaints that anyone in our family would chose to come visit us during the coldest part of their year. It is an opportunity to spend good quality time with them and in a very hospitable area. This year, the family visits started around November, with nephews coming down, then friends from Europe, then mother-in-laws and guest, etc. All the visits ended in February 2014. By the end of Feb, My wife was exhausted with the visits, since she is a full time student at Miami Dade College. In fact, I was exhausted as well. As a gift to my wife and myself for the none stop several months of entertaining, I thought it would be great to spend a weekend in one of the Islands off of Florida. One particular island is called Bimini. Here in south Florida, Bimini is being promoted as one of the up and coming vacation spots in the Caribbean. It’s a part of the Bahamas and is only less than 50 miles from Miami. Here is an advertisement from the Resort World website:

40% off Island Travel Packages
2 Night Resort Stay including Round-Trip transportation aboard Bimini SuperFast;
$358 for two;
What a better way to get away for a few days. So close, yet so far from the ordinary;
Enjoy the fastest cruise ship in the America's Bimini SuperFast, packed with non-stop action, bi-level casino & Sport Bar;
2 Hours later arrive at Resorts World Bimini Bahamas nestled along white sand beaches & turquoise waters. Pure relaxation - any way you like it.
Located just 48 miles from Miami - the perfect Playcation!
Call to Book Your Getaway Today at 1.888.930.8688
•Valid now / Travel window thru March 30, 2014
•Valid Fridays - Sundays
•Blackout dates apply
•Excludes resort fee and 16% tax & Port Charges
•Not combinable with any other promotion.

As mentioned, my wife is a full time student, and I work 40 hours a week and attend Miami Dade college as well, as a full time student. I make a decent salary and can afford a vacation here and there. Nevertheless, I am one who likes to find an expensive route to the same end. For example, why pay $8.00 for a beer at a bar when you can buy a six pack for $6.00 and have just as much fun sitting on a beach? Anyway… I found the advertisement for this cruise. It was $348.00 and so I called the World Cruise up and asked them if they had availability for the upcoming weekend. A female voice on the end of the phone explained that they had two packages left, and the total cost would be in around $580.00. That extra amount was the tax that I had to pay for the cruise, etc. So, I began to think, 580.00 for two nights, the cost of the cruise, the entry/exit fees. Ok... Maybe it was a good deal. (At the time I was making this reservation, I had no idea that GROUPON had even better prices for the same package.) So I commit to the price and the vacation. I call my wife up and tell her that we will be going to Bimini for the weekend and we leave on a Friday. (Initial Cost segment over but to be continued at the conclusion of the review.)
Time involved in getting to the location and return. So, here it is, just, according to the advertisement, “48 miles from Florida. So close, yet so far from the ordinary. Enjoy the fastest cruise ship in the America’s Bimini Superfast.” The friendly female voice on the other end of the telephone said that we should be at the port no later than 07:30 to begin boarding the Superfast. To me, that meant that my wife and I would have to be out of bed by 5:00 AM and on the road to the port by no later than 6:00. This would be a normal commute for me, since I would in Miami. We arrive at the port on time at 7:30 and I drop my wife off at the entrance gate while I go find a parking spot. I find a parking garage and notice a sign that says, parking overnight is $20.00. I calculate that 2 times 20 is $40.00. Which means that I am already paying out of pocket for a trip that was advertised at $580.00. I park the car, then find my wife and we patiently wait in line until the World Cruise Service lady calls us up to the desk to be photo IDed and presented with our boarding pass. It is now 08:30 and we board the Superfast. We are really excited and happy to be taking a min-cruise and being on a ship for the first time. We work our way into a dining area where we can order breakfast for $15.00. This is called “Fine Dining”. If you want a buffet style breakfast, you need to go to another section where the cost is $10.00. It is at this point that everything is still good. A nice breakfast with my wife with a great view of Miami through the ships windows on an early Friday morning, on our way to an island paradise would just fine with me. At this point, everything in my mind was good. 0900 turns into about 0930, and then the slow departure beings. What a wonderful view of Miami. Though there were clouds in the sky and the temp was a little cool, still the view was wonderful. We were still in the Fine Dining area looking out at the view and having a decent breakfast and drinking our free refills of coffee. (To be continued….)

Room Tip: The cleaning staff were fantastic. I got to meet them upon arrival since our room still had on the f...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I bought a voucher and stayed overnight they provided me with a 2/2 condo on the second floor wow what a deal. The trip over was great and relaxing. Won money in their casino thank you very much, needed it to pay for the food.lol The island is quite small and can be seen in one day, however I recommend you stay over night at the least to enjoy the beaches. I would go again, like others have said they are expanding and should make the trip even better when completed.
The ferry will not be needed when they finish building the dock. Gamblers will like the assortment of games and I did not leave any of my money there. Very romantic island. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Service was a little laid back.

Room Tip: stay in a condo or even larger party stay in a house timeshare
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had purchased a Living Social voucher for this trip and it exceeded my expectations. Of course at check-in, the room wasn't ready and the line was long. When everyone gets off a boat at about the same time, there will be lines. And rooms are not ready a lot. When we returned for our room, we were given an upgrade to a two bedroom. It was really really nice!! It was tidied up every day and every time we requested something, it was provided. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a distance to town but then who among us can't use the exercise? We had a great time and will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Superfast was good, but I would not recommend taking a day cruise. All you will see is lines waiting to embark/disembark. Go 2-3 days.
Now about Resorts World Bimini stay. It was good too, BUT one little thing really destroyed it for me:

When I bought the package I was quoted one amount and it was reasonable enough, that's why I decided to book it.
When I checked out of the hotel they OVERCHARGED my card $327 more (including hidden taxes, international card fees? etc on my statement). I was promissed this amount would be reimbursed to me. Well, I am still waiting...
Use the boat for transportation, but DO NOT STAY AT THE Resorts World Bimini. Bad business.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

A very beautiful island but the treatment and service staff is the worst. We booked a room for three people (a family with a child under 12 years), we had a king bed for a couple and supposedly we would get a sofa bed for our daughter. First to get to the room, the keys would not open the door, were delayed more than an hour to fix the problem, then when we entered the room we saw that it was not possible to assemble the sofa bed, calling the service, they attended after 4 hours (10 pm) and were told that the sofa was not a sofa bed so they did not get any solution and the hotel was full and we could not change rooms. The food is not good, a burger and a beer cost 50 dollars... totally disappointed ..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was reluctant to go after the other reviews I read, but the cost was too low to pass up.

The boat ride is fun,friendly, & fast

The resort was beautiful & clean.

The only complaints I had with the resort was; the music at healing hole & pool bar. It was rap played on horrible speakers and ruined the feel of a Bahamas vacation & The lobster was horrible at Sabor.

The rest of the food was great. Service was great

As to the reviews about a party scene on the boat was unfounded. it was peaceful & relaxing.

If we find another "deal" again we will defiatly go. (already looking for April)

Room Tip: 2nd fllor to have ocean views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Resorts World Bimini? Share your experiences!