We honeymooned on Bimini in March, 1979 (Compleat Angler) where we learned it was the Game Fishing Capital of the world. It took 25 years, but we saved enough to return for fishing on our 25th anniversary in March, 2004 (Big Game Club). We enjoyed that so much, we returned in March, 2009 (Bimini Bay) and Memorial Day 2011 (Room above Dunn's Florist).
We chose to visit Bimini for the Memorial Day weekend 2013 so that we could use one less vacation day from work. The check-in scene (scantily clad teenagers with rum drinks everywhere we looked) should have alerted us.The welcome letter stated noise after 10 p.m. and bad behavior would incurr a fine of $250 per instance. What we did not know is that those rules are not enforced.
We had never before needed one, but this year we rented a golf cart ($490 for 4 days). We were not given a lock and were not told that we would need to lock the cart. On Saturday night, our cart was stolen from in front of our condominium (unit 33111). We reported the theft to the security guards at the front gate and never heard back from them again. We also reported it to the vendor. He found the cart and informed us that it had been destroyed. The roof was torn off, the light torn out the front end dented and scratched. He REFUSED to call the police and said they would not do anything. We were hot and tired and because we had signed a waiver and felt bad for the man and his family, we wrote a check for $550 to hopefully cover the cost of the repair. Oh, I forgot to mention we had to put $21 worth of gas in it on Saturday night before it was stolen. We paid $1061 to use a golf cart for 30 hours during which we went fishing, to Church and to dinner. Sickening.
We love Bimini and the people who live there. We will never return on a holiday weekend and we will probably never return to the Bimini Bay Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 48 miles off the coast of South Florida on the quaint Bahamian island of North Bimini lies the new Bimini Bay Resort. We feature 135 luxury vacation rentals comprised of condominiums, loft-like treehouses and single family homes as well as a full-service marina with accommodations for up to 150 ft, infinity edge pool, grille, Swedish and Thai massage services, children's playground and a fine dining restaurant overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Resorts World Bimini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bimini Bay Resort And Marina
- Bimini Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Bimini
- Bimini Bay Hotel Marina
- Resorts World Bimini Bahamas