“Overwhelming!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WildQuest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bimini
WildQuest
Porgy Bay, Bimini   |
Affiliate website
Announcement
20 seasons with dolphins
Zurich, Switzerland
“Overwhelming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I’ve been to Wildquest in April/May 2012. As I am not an esoteric person and also travelling as a single I was wondering how I would get along with the group. Well, it was wonderful. The members of the team are warm-hearted and humorous people who made me feel at home very soon - and so did the members of my groups. Most of them were pretty esoteric people but not in a dogmatic sense. So I was soon feeling very well in my „pod“. There was much laughing, dancing (!) and also sharing of personal experiences and emotions. But if you didn’t feel like sharing - as me at first - this was also absolutely respected.

I had a room in the side building facing the garden. It was large, simple, not especially cosy and without room service. The bathroom could have needed a little bit of an update. But the mattress of the large bed was very good providing a good sleep. And usually you do not spend much time in the room – except you stay over the weekend as I did. So all together the room was a little bit below my expectations. But this was by far compensated by the great team, the good atmosphere, the delicious food, the very good organization, the pod and of course the dolphins …

Coming from Europe - and knowing that there might be a week in which it is not possible to swim with the dolphins - I decided to book two weeks. Now I would recommend this to everyone who has a long way to travel to Bimini because in our second week swimming with the dolphins was possible only on the very last day – and only thanks to a special effort by the WildQuest staff. They pulled us on a rope through the water so that we could keep up with the dolphins. The staff is the very experienced, cautious and aware of what's going on in and above the water. I always felt very safe when getting into the water.

Except for one day we met dolphins every day. They were playing very close around the boat which was very nice to look at. Swimming with them for a longer time was possible on three days during the two weeks. On one day it was for more than two hours ! On two or three more days we got into the water but could not follow the dolphins because they were moving too fast.

So far the sober facts. But how was it like to swim with dolphins emotionally? Overwhelming! I will never forget those moments when the dolphins came so close to me that we were looking directly into each others eyes. Old eyes, young eyes - friendly eyes. Heart moving also the moment when a group of dolphins passed underneath me and a little one first looked at me over mom's shoulder and then - while approching - turned to its side to not lose eye contact with me.

Afterwards I thought what is the essence of happiness for me? I think it has much to do with the experience of becoming one. Becoming one with a group, a person, nature, with music while dancing and - of course - becoming one with these wonderful dolphins ...

One pod, one world - yes, that's it! Thank you so much to everyone at Wildquest and to all my pod members!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Amlassi, Manager at WildQuest, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review Meinhard. I hope you are having a loving and fun holiday season. Atmo and I are in Florida now and I am missing Bimini and the dolphins already. Thank you for mentioning the rooms and the bathrooms. Of course things are a little different on Bimini in that it is difficult to get things to the island. We are working on getting the rooms a little cozier, and the bathrooms a little updated. If you have any specific ideas I would love to hear them! And thank you for linking the essence of happiness with connection - we are moving away from fear and isolation into connection and love. I experience this as the message of the dolphins. So - One World - One Pod! I look forward to seeing you again! with love. Amlas

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

WildQuest is a first rate operation. The accommodations are simple, but very comfortable, the staff is excellent, the food was great, and the catamaran was terrific. This was much more than a vacation though, it was an EXPERIENCE. You are greeted warmly by the staff with hugs upon arrival, they make it their business to learn each guests name right away. The whole week's activities had a nice flow even with weather complications (Hurricane Sandy came flying by the island). Even though my face time with the dolphins was limited due to the storm, WildQuest kept us busy with other activities and the time flew by. Our group bonded during the week and a lot of us are keeping in touch post trip. I plan to come back for another adventure with WildQuest.

Pylesville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I loved the human-dolphin experience. WildQuest, the boat, the staff: all amazing. Food was yummy and nutritious and ever flowing. Lots of gluten free and vegetarian selections. Lovely lovely people. This was truly a once in a lifetime experience though I plan to attend next year as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Amlassi, Manager at WildQuest, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for this review! I am so happy that this is a once in a lifetime experience that can happen again!! I look forward to seeing you next year! with love AmlasXX
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just got back recently from spending an awesome week in Bimini with the wonderful, loving Wildquest crew. Even though we were effected by the high winds of Hurricane Sandy, our experience was amazing none the less. We all felt very safe and well informed as to what was going on with the storm. Our human pod took everything in stride which enhanced our time on the small island of Bimini. Talk about being well taken care of. We were fed the most delicious and healthy food. The yoga and meditations were fantastic and really helped me open up to the atmosphere and being in the now as the dolphins are. Our time on the boat was exciting and the crew did everything possible to give us the dolphin experience and they succeeded!! Just thinking about my week with Wildquest and our beautiful pod, brings back loving memories. Can't wait to go back some day soon.

Eugene, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've just returned from Bimini and the joyous experience of swimming with the dolphins. Though I'd like to say I had a great time with the dolphins, that I cannot state for the simple reason that Hurricane Sandy was in the area. However, I can say that even with 50 mph winds, some power outages, and not being able to finish the week with the dolphins, my entire group had a magnificent time. Going with the flow is what it is all about and the staff helped my participants stay in the moment and remain joyful!

Without a doubt there is magic happening at WildQuest - on so many levels. The open, loving spirits of each staff member was a gift to the hearts of each participant in my group. The loving manner in which they greet everyone upon arrival is life changing in and of itself. And, the care they provide from beginning to the parting is truly nurturing. I dream of all humankind living in this manner every day. It is quite clear that WildQuest is spreading this way of life through each pod member that they welcome in, nurture and send home full of love, light, and joy.

I've booked another week for next year and look forward to the journey with a new pod. Go on this trip if you do indeed want a positively life changing vacation!

Room Tip: Each room is quite spacious. If you want a room with a water view, go for the upgrade.
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've been coming back every year that I can since 2007- and book 2 weeks if you can, for you will definitely want to stay longer. The WQ team, the location, everything is amazing. You will never be the same after spending time there- your heart is opened forever. The water, the dolphins, the entire experience is beyond words. I will be back in May 2013!!

Room Tip: They're all great, but the smaller lodge is a good choice
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
jivanExeter, Manager at WildQuest, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your beautiful words! Magic does happen here and you are part of creating it too! with much love and see you in May! Amlas.
Yonkers, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Words feel truly inadequate to explain what has been happening with me in the past 10 months that included 2 trips to WILDQUEST. My heart has opened and subsequently my ability to be present, both receive and give love and my whole body have transformed. Starting with my Oct 2011 trip I changed my eating habits (most significant was a serious decrease in my expenditures at Starbucks), I stood taller, breathed fuller and my body changed. Pounds dropped. I met beautiful loving truly magical present people that allowed me to be increasingly accepting of myself and then the dolphins and boat and the magical pod tickled my laugh to reemerge without self consciousness. I met someone who has got to be "my sister from another mother" and we laughed and laughed like I never had in years. November..Dec..Jan..Feb..March...my journey continued.Not A DAY passes that I don't think about my trip to WQ and see the laughs and smiles of my pod members and the WQ dream team. The food was outrageously good, infused with blessings and pure loving nourishment. Tara is a Goddess herself. I returned in June after being awakened to the futility of waiting to live through the loss of a beloved coworker. When I got to Wildquest, Vijan said I looked like a different person..radiating a light...It was so cool that could be seen. Again the most loving pod and the most supportive and loving embracing and truly emotionally present and honest staff along with the magical dolphins facilitated a profound personal physical healing. I was sonarized..by the dolphins, twice. I experienced a healing that has continued since June..my muscles have become stronger and I have gone to the ocean beach's in long island and have acquired a comfort in the ocean I never had before. I swam laps in a pool several times just two weeks after I came home. This was something my body was unable to do. I was not strong physically on my June trip. I was attached to a buoy or had a hand to hold through swimming around the three sisters islands snorkel sites...by three different godesses..Atosh, Sukhama and Jwala. I got a new name..."midnight blue parrot fish" and it makes me smile. My best friend said to me last week.."I think my best friend has become a dolphin". I don't know about that but I immediately bring myself to a sense of peace when I think and remember and feel my WQ experiences. My faith has been reborn, my belief in the goodness of people and the power of kindness expanded and I continue to live in a grateful state every day. I can feel things now that I couldn't feel 10 months ago. My heart has been opened. All kinds of feelings profound joy and deep sadness. But its ok. Ive been sonarized by WQ. Sometimes I imagine these people, the WQ team with the dolphins, sending me energy that I feel in NY all the way from Bimini. One day Ill draw a picture of what I imagine. Their love like a rainbow reaching all the way to Yonkers NY. Crazy? Nope. Magical? Sure. And my blood tests ALL came back completely normal 6 weeks after my return home. Freaking amazing sonarized radical loving healing is what I'm experiencing. And and love that I cant contain...and why contain it anyway? Give it on.....My blessings and gratitude to The WQ team Atmo Amlas Vijan Tara Sukhama Jwala Sudi Atosh and my love pod of June 2012 and the magical gleam in the eyes of the amazing water mammals we call dolphins. And I'll be back again soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to WildQuest? Share your experiences!