Small, quiet, luxurious resort with everything you need and nothing you don't. The staff is absolutely amazing; friendliest staff I have ever experienced at a hotel/resort. We were greeted by the manager (Julien) and guest services rep (Makia), out on the dock as we got off the boat - drinks in hand! More importantly, the wait staff (Pinkie, Audrey, Brenda, etc), snorkel guide (Allan), and boat captain (Lee) were so very hospital. If you want to do something, they will make it happen. But more than likely, before you even need to ask, they've already suggested it.
The food is delicious. Absolutely delicious. We watched them gather the conch shells right off the shoreline that were used in the conch salad served later that night. The chef, Keith, really knows how to cook.
Days can be spent lounging by the water with a book, or out snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding and fishing. Whatever you want.
Things to know:
- The bugs are annoying, as they are anywhere in the tropics, so it is to be expected. You will get your fair share of bites from mosquitoes and sand flies. They have sunscreen with bug spray in it. They also tell you to use oil for the sand flies. They are by the bar for anyone to use, so do it! They also spray the grounds every evening which helps, and they can give you a coil to burn near your bungalow that also helps. Not a bad idea to bring some anti-itch cream and some benedryl.
- If you are coming from the US, I recommend flying into Ft Lauderdale, then connecting straight to Congo Town airport (this way you avoid the big Customs line in Nassau). From Congo Town, Tiamo will have already arranged your 5 minute cab to the dock, and pick you up in their boat for the 5 minute ride to the resort. There are so few guests at the resort that Julien and Makia can pay close attention to everyone's travel itinerary and make sure the trek goes smoothly. I thought the logistics would be a burden, but they weren't.
- Also Known As:
- Tiamo Hotel
- Tiamo Hotel Andros
- Tiamo Resort Andros
- Tiamo Resort Andros, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No so long ago, the Bahamas were a destination for privateers, pirates and freebooters. The name Bahamas come from the Spanish expression, Baja Mar, which means low sea and if you have ever flown in a plane over Andros, where our lovely resort is located, you will understand why the name was given. Apart from the beautiful beaches, the ocean and the nature Bahamas still surprise each visitor, did you know that Alexander Selkirki, the real Robinson Crusoe, actually was in the Bahamas and survived on of our 700 islands till he was rescued 5 years later? Came On the island of South Andros Island, a small corner of paradise in the middle of the Caribbean, in the heart of lush tropical vegetation Imagine you are Robinson Crusoe...............a Luxury Adventure at Tiamo Resort Tiamo resort consists of ten exclusives houses. Staying at Tiamo means being close to the nature and adopting to the easy way of living in uncompromised exclusive house. . The hotel blends into the décor of white sand and turquoise crystal clear water and the desire to respect the environment and ecotourism is felt. These villas are built in a style Bahamian, they retain all the spirit of the Bahamas and environmentally friendly, you can even contemplate many animals who take refuge in the heart of the property. The villas are hidden in the Mangroves which stretches along our natural beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Tiamo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.