“Amazing !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Andros
Geneva, Switzerland
“Amazing !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

not to be missed! the most beautiful paradise of the Caribbean. a remarkable balance between the quality of the place (a dream island), the luxury of the hotel, the size of the resort (11 stunning villas), a refined and creative cuisine, all water activities and especially a memorable staff. thank you for these 10 unforgettable days. very soon.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Stefnow,

Hello and thank you for the awesome review, even more important thank you for choosing to stay for your holidays with us! We’re happy you were delighted with your villa, the food, and also our Tiamo Team. Welcome to the Tiamo family, and thank you so much again- we hope to welcome you back one day soon!

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have never written a review for anything on trip advisor or yelp, but this time I just couldn't help it.

When we decided to book a trip for July we stumbled upon Tiamo Resort and the reviews were incredible. It seemed too good to be true but we went for it! We booked our trip for 7 days. I am not going to lie, I was concerned. I am not great on islands and prefer a more active vacation like skiing or visiting new cities. I went hoping for the best and to say it was the best vacation I have ever had is an understatement. So much so, we actually EXTENDED our trip and ended up staying for 10 days. I even cried when I left! This is coming from someone who has sat standby in tiny airports all through the caribbean looking to escape boring island vacations.

The villas were clean, the beds were insanely comfortable, and the view from your bed if of the most beautiful Caribbean beach and water I have ever seen. The staff is beyond amazing. We became very friendly with everyone from the water sport staff to the bartenders to our waitresses. The people of congo town and Mangrove Kay who work there are some of the nicest I have met. And fun!

We were not into fishing, which is one of the draws of this resort, but we weren't bored for a second. We would spend the mornings being lazy and being spoiled by the greatest breakfast, hang out a little and then have an even better lunch, and then we took advantage of some of the other activities the hotel had to offer. We water skied, wake boarded and every day we'd take a sail boat out, just the two of us, and we'd explore the waters and some of the nearby remote beaches that seemed like no one had ever stepped foot on before. We even tried scuba diving, and our teacher was kind and patient.

While there were only two other couples staying on the island with us at the time, we had the BEST time with them. I have to say this made the trip that much better. While there, two of us celebrated our birthdays and one couple their anniversary. We were from New York, London and Texas but we bonded immediately. We are still in touch after our trip!

I can't say enough about this place. One review I had read said every picture they took looked like a screensaver, and I have to agree. The stars at night look like you are sitting in a planetarium. We kept pinching ourselves to make sure we were alive because the island and resort are so perfect we thought we had actually died and gone to heaven. The food was incredible and they paid special attention to your likes and dislikes. When everyone would go to sleep, we would put on music and dance together to till the wee hours of the morning and swim in the ocean under the stars. And no one could even hear us. It felt like we were the only two people on the planet. I know this sounds campy and contrived, but it actually is not. That is the craziest part. It was just THAT good.

I literally cannot WAIT to return and I have never said that about any single island vacation before. I already miss the Tiamo and the people I met there. It was one of the single best experiences of my life.

If you are looking for a fishing trip, sure, I am sure this is your place as the other two couples were there for fishing. But if you are looking to turn off the world and get away from all and decompress, this is DEFINITELY where you need to be!

Thanks for a wonderful trip TIamo. See you soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear J K,
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely and awesome review of your stay with us! We're thrilled to know you enjoyed your time here so much that we are now your new #1 destination. We're very happy to hear you particularly enjoyed your villa, Tiamo services, and of course the natural beauty of the island! We also appreciate the rest of your feedback which we will certainly use as we continue to better the experience here. Thank you again and we truly hope to welcome you back to paradise one day- soon!
Denison, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I like to fish the flats. And eat like royalty. And dive/snorkel. We appreciate attentive service, especially when it's warm and genuine. If lots of people go there, then we don't. So I told him staying married 20 years was worth a special trip that included all these things, and apparently when you google luxury and flats fishing, you get Tiamo!

Everything that we look for in a vacation is here. Even better, the kind of travelers that like to get off the beaten path were here. Liberal, conservative, city, country, sailor, fisher, didn't matter. It was a blast to hang out with some of the most interesting and entertaining folks a person could ever want to know.

Staff is gracious, anticipating every need or want. Food is off the charts good. Beautifully presented, fresh ingredients, fantastic sauces. Far exceeded my expectations.
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Beachbum555,
Thank you for sharing your experience and specially to share this special celebration with us!
We're very happy to hear you had such a great stay, and that you particularly enjoyed the beautiful Tiamo service, our restaurant and activities.

We're so excited that you found a piece of paradise with us and we hope to welcome you back! Thank you again!
Sherman, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just returned from four nights at Tiamo where my wife and I spent out 20th anniversary. I must say that although there was a little hesitation at the thought of spending that much money on a vacation.....it was worth it. I personally do not know of another place that combines all of Tiamo's attributes: luxury, seclusion, 5 star food, world class service, diving, bone fishing, it was exceptional. The grounds are just awesome. Our villa was extremely comfortable, clean and a great mattress. For me, each day started with bone fishing. Since the mornings and evenings were low tide, I could easily walk about a mile of shoreline. I would generally walk down during beach during low light (first thing in the morning) and fish tailing bone fish, then I would wade back about 50 yards into the water and sight fish bone fish working up and down the beach. The last morning I had Lee take me about a mile down the beach by boat, and I fished my way back. It was redneck bliss. However, I was able to catch one or two bonefish each wade excursion, which I really enjoyed. It should be said my fly rod skills are hazardous at best.....I had lots of shots each time.

I did fish with a guide one day, which resulting in my wife and I catch 6 bone fish (and my first on the fly!). The bone fishing guide picks you up....almost at your door step. The first morning I arrived, I sat down in front of my villa about two feet from waters edge. As I drank my coffee and waited for the guide, I looked just past my foot and there was a tailing bonefish! I am not kidding this thing was no more than five feet from me. Wow.

The fact that Tiamo has a dive shop was just awesome. Want to go on a dive? Just give the guys time to put the gear together and your off. Andy, the new dive master, had just arrived. He was very knowledgeable and I was very comfortable with him.....so much so he got me to dive 80 feet down in a small cenote. The shipwreck dive was probably the best dive I have ever been on.
There were other activities available like kayaking, sailing, etc. but we really didn't take part in that although other guests did.

Perhaps the best part of the trip was spending time with our new friends from New York and England....each night after dinner we sat in the beautiful bar visiting and telling stories. While we took a bottle of Rum and whiskey, we also purchased drinks from the bar. Yes, they were pretty expensive but the environment was just off the charts and the view....incredible. Their wine choices were fantastic.

The food is simply fantastic. Enough said.....

So if I HAD to find some negatives, here they are. First, there really should be a small coffee maker in the room. There are instant coffee packets, but I don't think asking for a coffee maker is too much. In the summer, there are bugs. They really didn't bother me, although I did a pretty good job of staying covered up while fishing and using bug spray in the evenings. They certainly bother some more than others, Caroline from England had lots of bites after a week. But we expect that in tropical destinations during the summer, so it didn't phase us. They also have a very good but spray system around the main perimeter that really helps. As far as the villas being too close to each, we didn't find this to be an issue. If your super sensitive then visit with Lydia when you check in. In hind site, I imagine if they could redesign they might put a little more room between but we certainly didn't have an issue with it.

Overall.....this is a destination we will dream about returning to......

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vincent W, General manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thanks for your amazing review GrahamTrucks l!
We appreciate you taking the time to share on here, and we're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We very much appreciate your input on the fishing experience, the restaurant and service. We continually work to keep the guest experience great, and will consider all your input, as we do. Thank you for choosing Tiamo Resort and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights at Tiamo. The beach, rooms, food, and service are incredible at this hotel. There are 10 cottages and a 3 bedroom Villa. The property is accessible only by boat and we were wonderfully greeted by the staff upon arrival. The beach is picture perfect with white sand and clear blue calm water.

This is an all inclusive property and the food is AMAZING! Keith, the chef, is truly an artist and we looked forward to what he would create each day. Breakfast is the same each day with pretty much anything you would like (eggs, pancakes, coconut French toast- our fav, ect.) but for lunch and dinner the menu changes daily. There were usually 2 choices for a soup/salad, main course, and dessert. Every meal was outstanding! We live in Los Angeles near some great restaurants and the meals at Tiamo rival some of the best.

We had a pool cottage and it was great. There is a deck with the pool and 2 chairs as well as a screened in porch that wraps around. The bathroom is outside (accessible by the screened in area). I saw a review where someone said it wasn't private. There is a door and it is extremely private so I am not sure what that reviewer meant. It was also air conditioned and we kept it at a very cool, comfortable temperature during our stay.

Perhaps the best part of this hotel is the service. It is run more like an upscale B&B where they know you by name and anticipate your needs. The owner Wilfred also lives on property and you will see him throughout your stay (he is very kind and obviously takes great pride in his resort). Honestly, I cannot say enough nice things about the people who work here (Lydia, Julian, DJ, Audrey, Pinky, Brenda, Carolanne to name a few). They treat you like family and this is Bahamian hospitality at its best.

We had fun snorkeling and took out the paddleboards while we were there. We saw other guests go bonefishing and they seemed to enjoy that as well. DJ is the captain and he made sure we had a great time with all the activities. I also had a massage and it was very nice.

The only negative thing I can say about Tiamo is the bugs. Make sure you bring the highest concentration of Deet and plan for allergic reactions. This resort is carved out of the Mangroves and we went in the summer (the worst season for the bugs). There are some mosquitoes but I really got bitten pretty bad by the sand flies. Upon recommendation they took me to the clinic in the nearby village. I had a shot of antihistamine and also got some pills to help with the reaction. I suspect this would not be as bad in the winter and they do "fog" the resort every few days to try and keep the insects down. It is just the price of being so close to the natural beauties of the island. I don't think this should prevent you from going to Tiamo but I think everyone who goes there should be prepared.

Overall this was a great vacation and I would recommend this resort to couples who want a romantic, relaxing vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vincent W, General Manager at Tiamo Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear lenals,
Wow thank you! We are so happy to hear that you felt at home here with us. We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular your villa, the food, the location and the snorkeling trip. We’re equally delighted to hear your great comments on our service and staff it will be my pleasure to share this with them. On behalf of us all at the Tiamo Resort thank you and we hope to welcome you back !
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is one of our favorite places in the world. The bone fishing is outstanding, the food is great, and the staff is awesome. If fishing I recommend Alvin be your guide, he is excellent. One word of caution is the nats, no-see-ums, whatever you call them. Simply liberally apply bug spray especially to your legs and feet from the 1st second you arrive in Andros. You will be fine and have a great trip. If you do not use bug spray, and I stress from the 1st moment you arrive - the end of your trip, you will be covered in very itchy bites.

We have been here twice and will be going back again.

Room Tip: all rooms are great I have not tried one without AC however
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear steve t,
We would like to thank you for your amazing comment regarding your stay at Tiamo Resort.
We constantly strive to achieve only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and it is a great reward to read that for you «one of our favorite place of the world ".
Furthermore, we are glad to read that you enjoyed our service, the food and Alvin the fishing guide. We will make sure to share your kind comment to the team.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at Tiamo Resort..
Deltaville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The two of us spent a couple of winters cruising The Bahamas on our sailboat. When the years made that too difficult, but we wanted to return we spent five days at Tiamo. In every regard it exceeded our already high expectations. The pampering spoiled us, the food was outstanding, and the facilities gave the feeling of being in the islands, yet exceeded the comfort of a mainland facility. White sand groomed every day, water toys that worked and an Activities Director (YoYo) who has amazing energy, concern for guest enjoyment and safety made for an ideal resort environment. We have perhaps never enjoyed any place as much as Tiamo. I think it very likely that we shall return.

Room Tip: We chose the eco cabin (#4) that has no doors or windows. It was fine for us, but later in the seas...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vincent W, Directeur général at Tiamo Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Donald L,
Thanks so much for the lovely review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here! We're so happy to hear that you loved your stay and particularly the food, Tiamo service and the villas. Thank you for sharing and we hope you come back to see the crystal clear water again.

Been to Tiamo Resort? Share your experiences!