“LIFE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE LIVED!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seascape Inn, Andros

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andros
Prices are for rooms, adults
Seascape Inn, Andros
Save Saved
You added Seascape Inn, Andros to your Saves list
Mangrove Cay, Andros   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Andros B&B and Inns
Wilson, North Carolina
“LIFE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE LIVED!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

yes and I mean this.....staying with Joan and Mickey at the Seascape INN in Andros put me back to a time of growing up with grandma and grandpa next door and living in an intact family....the feeling of staying there was truly family....from the lovely flowers tucked into washcloths and curtains by Portia to the friendly nudge that dinner was of your choosing.....whether it be Mickey's wonderful BBQ ribs or outstanding crab cakes.....his specialty dessert Grand Marnier Chocolate Cloud or his ever delicious homemade ice cream and by all means insist he make lots of the white chocolate coconut....yum yum.....and of course Joan is the most gracious hostess of all and now may I add a lifelong friend....she is more accommodating than most anyone I have ever met and the smile upon her face will warm even a bit chilly morn....all this said the Inn itself is great....the small compact cottage to the excellent trips arranged by Joan and Mickey...very laid back and no push about anything...even their 4 dogs take up the same attitude...the entire island of Andros is wonderful and engaging....so much to be said for family, friends and fun...a lifestyle we should all emulate....at least for a fraction of our lives....I highly recommend this Inn, this island and this experience to bring you back to what is important in life and believe me YOU will figure that out once you are back home......love you Joan and Mickey....Magoo, Dot, Bernie and BB

Room Tip: far south room (where I stayed) had backdrop of palms, birds and nature....excellent choice for that...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
upstate ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Seascape Inn may not be right for everyone, but for my husband and I, it was very close to perfect! The first morning of our stay (7 nights) we asked about walking on the beach. Mickey said we could walk about 1 1/2 miles in one direction; 2 1/2 miles in the other direction. Over the course of our week's stay (12/8-12/15) we did both walks and never encountered another person. We honestly felt as if we had 4 miles of white sand, clear water and blue sky all to ourselves. It doesn't get much better than this.
The accommodations were comfortable, the food was great, the drinks were reasonable. We took the kayaks out one morning (didn't find a blue hole, but did enjoy the exercise); took the bikes out 3 or 4 times. We walked/waded to 3 other blue holes and enjoyed snorkling over them a couple of times. Most of all, we sat on the beach reading and relaxing.
As others have stated, there is not much of a night life on the island, but that isn't what we were looking for. We had only one meal away from Seascape and it was a disappointment. Joan's breakfasts were amazing, Mickey's dinners were great (especially the fresh grouper and the chicken schnitzel). One morning we were out riding bikes and saw Mickey returning to the inn on his bike. He held up a bag and told us he had fresh grouper from the dock for our dinner. Our final bill was less than we expected, so we felt we got a lot for our money.
The personal attention was exceptional. I had a luggage problem (wrong bag picked up in Nassau/brought to Mangrove Cay). Joan was extremely helpful by making phone calls, etc. and got everything sorted out within 24 hrs. Considering my bag had to be shipped from Nassau, the wrong bag returned via Flamingo Air, etc. there were a lot of places where things could have gotten messed up. Fortunately, Joan knew the right people to contact at the Mangrove Cay Airport, so things were resolved without incident. When Mickey heard I liked a particular brand of whiskey, he made sure to go to the island liquor store and get an extra bottle on hand.
The week we spent was the most relaxing and casual vacation we have ever taken. I think Mickey and Joan have perfected the art of "inn keeping".

Room Tip: We had the deluxe (?) room with the extra sitting room space. It was right in the middle, and seeme...
Mentor, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My Wife and I just returned from a short stay at the Seascape Inn - 4 nights - we had such an awesome time! We just wanted a place to get away from it all -- and the Seascape Inn fit the bill! It is right on the ocean - -- always a beautiful view - you can do kayaking, snorkel - or just sit and peacefully read your kindle! Joan and Mickey are the perfect hosts - accommodating and extremely knowledgeable of the Island. Again - a really great place - wonderful rooms and the meals were just excellent!

Room Tip: Sorry - there is no fitness center- but I cannot seem to change the answer to that!! Don't want...
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I just returned from spending 5 days at the Seascape Inn and we were not disappointed. We chose the inn after reading many of the reviews here. We were able to enjoy a beautiful spot in the Bahamas away from the big hotels and crowds of Nassau. This is the place if you are looking to relax, snorkel or explore the island on the cruiser bikes.
Joan and Mickey are extremely friendly and helpful host that will answer all your questions, recommend local places to eat, and put you in contact with bonefishing guides. All of our meals were excellent and always accompanied by freshly baked bread.
This is definitely a place we’ll keep in mind and hope to return one day!!!
Thank you Mickey and Joan for our awesome vacation.

Millbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just returned from spending Christmas and my husband's 70th birhday at Seascape Inn. If you are looking for a relaxing time in a beautiful spot this is the the place for you. Mickey and Joan provide wonderful meals with personal attention to all your needs. All the food was absolutely delicious....home baked goods every morning with fresh fruit. Dinners were cooked to order and the desserts were to kill for. You can bonefish on the flat by the Inn. Our son caught one there. It was definitely a great five days at the Inn.
Thanks again Mickey and Joan for a wonderful time.
Rosemary

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
South Royalton, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just spent 4 days at the Seascape Inn on Mangrove Cay, Andros, The Bahamas. A great post conference escape with my wife for some R&R before going back to the grind. Relaxing under the palms in a hammock, cruiser bikes to ride to either end of the only road, dynamite birding (thanks to recent Tropical Storm Sandy which blew a few species up from the southern islands in the Caribbean) and snorkeling the blue holes which were still a bit turbid. I even got to provide a bit of veterinary advice for Magoo's swollen eyes!

Joan’s homemade bread, rolls and pastries were unbeatable with fresh fruit for breakfast. Delicious salads for lunch. And Mickey’s talents as a chef for the dinner menu regardless of whether it’s chicken, steak, pork loin, ribs or fish. They are a well matched pair of hosts at this B&B, each one tuned to the other’s role and knowing what to do to keep the ship running smoothly.

Having just spent a few days at Hotel Atlantis for a conference, we found the prices for the food & cabana very reasonable, and we had the beach to ourselves We gladly paid a bit more for the larger cabana with a separate lounge since my wife is a night owl and I am an early riser. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed three nights and I wished we had more time!! The Seascape Inn is a quaint place - Joan and Mickey (and love BB, Bernie, Dot and Magoo!) are just super.
There is not a night life on the Island.... but you are so tired from enjoying the day - that does not matter. We walked the beach, we biked, we snorkeled and we kayaked – the weather was beautiful as well so we were very fortunate. Breakfast was scrumptious - Joan makes wonderful granola Bars and to die for muffins... Mickey’s dinner was very just awesome – I explained when I made the reservation I had a few dietary concerns -- Joan/Mickey were most accommodating in the preparing of my meals! They recommend local places for dinner as well. The rooms all have an ocean view and the sound of the water was just so peaceful! I would say if you want a nice peaceful vacation - the Seascape Inn and Mangrove Cay should be on your Bucket list!! We already are trying to see when we can return – for a week!! Mickey/ Joan -- Thank you - and we will see you again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Seascape Inn, Andros? Share your experiences!