After 35 plus years of dive travel around the world I finally found what is the perfect combination of quality diving, comfortable lodging, staff that went out of their way to be helpful and friendly, excellent food and an overall relaxing atmosphere that is as good as I have ever experienced. The diving in particular was noteworthy. The reefs we visited were unspoiled and teeming with life. The Blue Holes are legendary in diving history and not to be missed. The walls drop to 6,000 feet and are simply unmatched any where. The diving is accessible for both the novice and the experienced. The wall and Blue Holes are just as spectacular at shallow depths as deep. The shark dive utilized a suspended frozen "fishsicle" unique in that it allows the diver to see sharks interact with one another as opposed to a divemaster with a bucket of fish. All of the dives are professionally run with an informative briefing followed by an in water guide that you have the choice to follow or not. The dive staff managed the rare combination of oversight and personal freedom that is difficult to find lately. I never felt like someone was controlling every aspect of the dive but always knew that a divemaster was unobtrusively nearby. In sum this is the type of diving that I dream about when I have been out of the water too long. I don't think I wore shoes or checked my e mail the entire trip. The relaxation was total. However wi fi is available and cell phones worked. Scuba diving and fishing appeared to be the primary attractions but there were plenty of other activities available for the nature lover. I hope to return many times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas