So we were supposed to arrive at SHBL the day before Sandy did but for obvious reasons changed it to a couple days after. The lodge was exactly what we expected, just what we wanted as the website gives a great description. It was great not to have a TV and there was absolutely no need for A/C in the rooms or dining area. If you're expecting to go to a tropical area and not get a bug bite, then you belong in a bubble. Bugs are a fact of life but they weren't as bad as my backyard in Washington DC. We were unable to dive due to rough sea from Sandy which was unfortunate but we knew the risk of going that time of year. Just this past week a woman was killed off Ft. Lauderdale when a 45 foot dive boat capsized so thank you "Mike" for looking out for our safety. We can always take another vacation if we're alive. Being your own bartender during the day is great, and if you need someone to do it for you NO PROBLEM. The staff goes above and beyond any I've experienced anywhere else. Anything you need, they do(within reason). Now the food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were incredible. I'm what some people call a "foodie" so I was suprised when every meal was to my liking. And conch fritters with fresh veggies every night for happy hour, doesn't get better then that. All the other guests staying at SHBL seemed laid back and in better then I would've expected spirits after dealing with Sandy during their vacation. Which says that's the kind of people who belong at Small Hope. The staff really made our stay there memorable as at one point there was only 5 guests total(due to Sandy) but they partied with us just like they were other guests or friends so there was never a dull moment. Ask Dennis to make you a 21 Rum Salute, it'll get ya. Anyway, we'll be back( my girlfriend and I) maybe for a wedding or honeymoon. Thanks to all the staff again.
-Brady and Lorena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas