“how sad” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palm Resort & Suites

Royal Palm Resort & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Freeport
Royal Palm Resort & Suites
You added Royal Palm Resort & Suites to your Saves list
P.O. Box F-44900 | East Mall and Settlers Way, Freeport F-44900, Grand Bahama Island   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Freeport
bahamas
“how sad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

i recently traveled there with a few others for a political rally and i must say as a bahamian woman i will NEVER go back there...first off the front desk clerk had way too much to do all alone...but she was the best part of the stay...she smiled and answered all of the questions i had,,,she was the lady with pony tail and the pretty hump in front of her head..but other than that it was a mess...when i got there, they had no keys to issue out...so everytime i want to go to the room i would have to ask the lady from the front desk to open the door...i asked them why is this the response was "because some lost the other keys"..Are you kiddin me???????????? i don't even have a key for my room door????????? suppose someone just pick up that key and take everything out of the room....so i hadd to hide my suitcase in order for me to feel a bit secure...when i went into the room...i saw that in the cupboard in the kitchen area there was a heater with dead roaches around it...EEWWWWWW!!!!!! there was no cable..so i went back to the front desk and asked the lady about it and she could not give me an answer...no one could answer my question which was "why isn't there any cable in my room?" others said they didnt have any cable either and one other said their room door was coming off the hindge....there was not light in the room with the beds only a little lamp that flickered in and out...no place mats for the bathroom and the window which is in the bathroom right by the roadd had no screen....the glasses that were in the cupboard were very very dusty..there was absolutely nothing to do in the room...the pool was drained with police tape around the pool...the food at the hotel was good but the hospitality and service was absolutely dead...the lady that worked there in the black shirt never smiled nor did she greet..she acted like she didn't want to be there..and the other was always on the phone...yes i am a Bahamian Lady...so does that mean i must be treated poorly...just like every other visitor i chose to stay at your hotel and i paid for my room..yes i PAID for my room..its sad that you would treat your own kind like that...i overheard the manager telling the clerk to not worry about the complaints that we may have we are only renting....i felt so hurt after hearing that like my money was no good there...i will never recommend this place to anybody...a word of advise...you HAVE to learn how to treat your own BEFORE you can treat anyone else..

Room Tip: if you still decide to stay here..then ask them for a room with cable
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

We were supposed to have a "deluxe accommodations", however, it was far from it. The room was small as was the bathroom, and very much in need of paint and repairs of facucets and door knobs. Rather depressing for a tropical vacation spot!
The room was clean, maid service was acceptable, pool area was nice. Otherwise, the location was poor, there was no breakfast or even coffee served, no refrigerator (one had to shop for some milk, bread and butter: the mild and butter/cheese had to be kept cold in the ice bucket). The room tax was in excess for what the accommodations offered. We were very disapppointed, to say the least.
The beach was a cab ride away as were shopping, casino and restaurants. The cabs were costly except for a fellow who worked with them (when he was available)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Chantilly, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

It's not a 4 star hotel. We booked the hotel with a really good price. When we reserved room online there wasn't nothing about fees and such. After checking in we headed towards the beach. We didn't call taxis because they had a fixed charge of $4.50 pp. So instead we walked to the bus stop and paid $2 for two people. But when we returned from the beach and tried opening our room it was locked. Management locked our room, we couldnt get in. When asked why our room was locked, they said we needed to pay a fee. We aruged that when we reserved the room online and when we checked in, there was nothing said about fees and such. So we ended up paying the fees since other places were charging alot for each night and we originally had gotten a very good deal. Also we were the ONLY guests in the entire resort. I guess it was their off season in May. Other than the fees issue, everything else was ok.

• Liked — Really good hotel prices
  • Disliked — Hidden fees
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

My husband and I planned our first trip to The Bahamas for my birthday. After making the arrangements with the travel agency we received our hotel documents for the Royal Palm. I then began to check out the hotel on-line. I was so terrified that the hotel was going to be horrible after reading the reviews! I just knew our first trip to The Bahamas was going to be a disaster! I was VERY pleased with the cleanliness and service at the hotel!! The rooms were equipped with everything we needed. There is a very inexpensive restaurant right on-site that's open for breakfast and lunch. We were able to take a five minute walk to downtown Freeport. From there we paid $1 to ride anywhere we wanted to go! There is also a KFC, Burger King, Quiznos, Subway and chinese restaurant nearby! Don't believe the horror stories. It may have been that way in the past but at present this hotel is A-OK!!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

This hotel was nice, clean, and had a very friendly staff. It was nice if you didnt mind walking 10-15 min. for food, even though they had a restaurant on site. But they had a nice kitchen with microwave and fridge. It was cool since we went to KFC and bought extra stuff, they heated it up later in our hotel room. The main thing i didnt like was the fact that the door didnt have any additional locks on it other than the fact that it locks automatically (from the outside) when you shut the door. But other than that, i loved this hotel. It was very pretty, and the pool looked very clean. I hated the little lizards running around there, but you can control nature. I would definitly stay here again.

• Liked — The super friendly staff
  • Disliked — The lack of locks on the doors
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

I wanted to give Royal Palm a better rating, because the staff was very friendly, and the rooms were clean, but there were some pungent downsides, and I'm just finding out that I got royally screwed making
international phone calls from the place. I should have known better and brought a calling card, but how would I know that each call (all but one was less than 5 mins) would cost me over $40! 6 calls cost me
$250!!!! The prices were not posted nor offered to me when making the
calls. The pungent comment comes from a couple of evenings during our stay when there was a really strong sewer smell in the neighborhood. Not the motel's fault, but one could not enjoy oneself outside at the pool inhaling the smell. Fortunately, the rooms were well sealed, and the smell didn't permeate into them.

Another note: the photos on this site are of the Island Palm, which is another hotel/motel under the same ownership. We drove by the Island Palm a number of times, and I recognize the 3 floors of balconies in the pictures. The Royal Palm just had 2 floors.

Again, the staff was friendly and the rooms clean, but I wouldn't go here again.

• Liked — friendly staff, cleanliness
  • Disliked — evening neighborhood sewer smell, location
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lancaster County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

After reading everyone else's reviews I was literally scared to step foot in this hotel! - I don't know where you all stayed but this place must be under new management! The room was being made up when we arrived (we we're 4 hours ahead of schedule); but they were happy to accomodate us and got the maid to finish up while we were in the restaurant (they have a restaurant on the grounds that serves breakfast and lunch but closes at 3pm I believe so the only meal you need to worry about getting out is dinner and that's no problem - we ordered Papa Johns Pizza right to our room!)

Everything was clean and everyone so nice! I was so worried about the time share that when the woman at the information desk asked for a moment of our time I almost blew her off - turns out she just wanted to give us a packet of info on time the shuttle runs (they have a complimentary shuttle that takes you to and from Xanadu beach daily), things to do (they arrange excursions for you everything from glass bottom boat rides to swimming to dolphins and it's cheap like $40 bucks!)

We went to two beaches while we were there (we went for a weekend) first we went to Port Lucaya on the advice of the information desk lady - and it was AWESOME! We got to swim (the water is SO clear and beautiful!) and we got to shop around at the tourist stops. The next day we took the free shuttle to Xanadu and that was even more amazing becaue it's not a populated as Port Lucaya so we had a little romantic time to ourselves (highly recommended for lovers!) There is a bar on the beach at Xanadu but I don't recommend it as the bar tender was a complete --- and when I asked for a drink in a coconut or something with an umbrella he snorted, "This isn't Hawaii!" - Yeah so don't patronize him!

Other than that it was an awesome trip and I DEFINIATELY recommend the Royal Palm Suites! We have photos but we left our camera there but we called them to let them know and they're mailing it to us so if you want to see our photos at a later date email me at SatireFireFly@yahoo.com

Stayed April 2006

Been to Royal Palm Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!