“Excellent staff, very pleasant and polite.” 5 of 5 stars

Memories Grand Bahama Beach and Casino Resort
1 Sea Horse Lane, Freeport F42500, Grand Bahama Island   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Freeport
Smyrna, Delaware
“Excellent staff, very pleasant and polite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The staff were great, very pleasant and polite. The rooms were very clean and well taken care of. It didn't have that smell most resort rooms have.. My wife and I really enjoyed the diverse range of food offered.

Room Tip: Every room is great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Joplin, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I recently spent 5 days with 3 other couples at this resort and we were not disappointed. All of the basics are included. The only thing we had to pay for was extra-curricular activities like snorkling and boat rides & any spa treatments we may have wanted. There are 3 very nice dining restaurants that consist of a Japanese Hibachi & Sushi Bar, a very delicious Steak House and an Italian Restaurant that has a small buffet set up along with made to order items from the menu. There is also a buffet that serves all 3 meals and a Sports Bar. We didn't have a single food item that wasn't delicious and the drinks flow freely. They even had aerobics classes on the beach and at the pool each day along with dance competitions. My only complaint would be the long wait between visits from the wait staff during meals and at the Sports Bar. They did not have enough staff on hand and we sometimes had to seek out our waiter/waitress for refills. There is also a casino next to the resort and an amazing little Market area right across the street with awesome street vendors. If I could recommend one activity to pay for, it would be snorkling. You can pay to snorkel all day long and come back to shore as many times as you want. There is nothing quite like it. The beaches are clean and the water is crystal clear.

Room Tip: I would definitely spend a little extra and get a Beach View Room
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I read the reviews before leaving and was going to change my plans to stay at Grand Lucaya where I stayed last time which is a 5 star hotel but they convinced me the problems had been ractified. We did wear our bathing suits and packed a bag of things we didn't want left in luggage. The only problem being one of us had to stay with the bag at all times. They absolutely would not release any rooms til 3 but it was later than that because an issue with keys. I got our room at 5:30. Worst room in hotel - last room on 2nd floor, no balcony and looking at back of a building. My daughter is mentally challenged and tried to get our room changed so she wouldn't have to walk so far to elevator but said there was none available. We were staying 6 nights so I seen the manager the morning people checked out for cruise. I said we had the worst room in hotel and he said well somebody had to get it. I said well I spent 2 nights so I put my time in and my daughter needed help. He got me a room on 3rd floor no balcony and just a little closer to elevator so it wasn't worth moving. Bathroom was extremely small no place to even leave your toothbrush in there. Outside was amazing. Entertainment staff great - something always going on - dance contests, volleyball, trivia all at the pool area. A show of some source every night. Steak house fabulous either get there early or have a late dinner to avoid long wait time. Buffet everything started tasting the same. Room service excellent just expect it to take at least an hour. Close to beach and water sports. Banana Boat a lot of fun only $25 for extended tour. Glass bottom boat really cool (sounds lame but wasnt. Cheap booze but if you find the drink you like it was good - recommend the frozen dirty banana or Pina coladas with pineapple rum. Can't go wrong with beer, they stocked my refrigerator every day but once. So except for check in, small bathroom and some of us getting bad rooms if you didn't have fun it was your own fault. Yes I would stay there again. My daughter did end up having a brain seizure - don't know if a accommodations could have prevented it.

Room Tip: Get a balcony beach view!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Having just returned from Memories Grand Bahama a week ago (Oct. 2014), I felt compelled to write a review highlighting some of the many positives this resort had to offer. I was shocked upon reading many of the negative reviews on TripAdvisor as we didn't experience any of the issues/frustrations other guests seemed to have.
First off, check-in was easy & hassle-free. When we arrived there was about fifty people waiting to check-in however we were split into three lines that seemed to move relatively quickly. As expected, we were told check-in wasn't until 3 & we would have to wait an hour until the room was ready. This wasn't a problem as my girlfriend & I went and had a drink while we waited & once the room was ready one of the hotel staff came to us with our room key & we were good to go (probably around 2:30ish)!
The room was perfect for the location. I hope most travelers don't plan to spend much time in their rooms anyway, so there was more than enough space in the rooms, the balcony had a beautiful view, storage/shelves/closets were more than adequate, and the bathroom is exactly what you would expect from a hotel bathroom. The bathroom was large enough that you didn't feel cramped, so I'm not sure what other travelers are complaining about.
The staff was beyond friendly the entire stay and made us feel right at home! The food was about what you'd expect from an all-inclusive resort as well. Both the buffet & the Prop Club leave something to be desired in terms of quality of their food, but the Italian restaurant, steak house, and Japanese steakhouse more than made up for the average quality of the previous two eateries.
Finally, I cannot suggest strongly enough just how worthwhile it was to pay a few dollars extra a day to join the Diamond Club. While the vacation would have been fantastic without the Diamond Club perks, it was this membership that really put the trip over the edge for us. The perks we received ensured that we were never lacking anything, & the staff went above & beyond for us at all times to make sure we had absolutely anything we could have wanted. It was SO nice not to have to wait in line for dinner reservations or to have to worry about a beach chair, beach towels, etc. Spend the extra money & treat yourselves to the Diamond Club!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a balcony! All balcony rooms have an ocean & pool view. Otherwis...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

we were there between October 18 to October 25. Check in was long wait.they need to have everything ready for the time guess arrive , I work at hotel. But beside that, we had the cheapest room and really not complain at all, very clean and bed beautiful, it's very quiet resort just especially for families, I like party a lot, no much to do, but let me tell you, the entrainment was above of everything, I really love this guys, they are just a small group of people who going to make everything or anything to entrained you and your kids, they are the best of that resort , food was good, Japanese restaurant amazing, steak house delicious and they treat you like a start, buffet very good but they need to improve the Italian restaurant.... Service, very good, they will try to give you the best attention, I was amazed who the treated us, always smiling and very respectful, Beach are just something that you don't wanna missed, white sand and crystalline waters, breathtaking, we had 2 days of raining but we rent a scooter and we just enjoyed the island, people so friendly , very very clean, we even use the public service transportation, Victoria it's excellent, so don't worry you can go it's no danger at all... I'll come back if a can... Love Bahamas and the entrainment girls and guys too... They are amazing.. Thanks for the very amazing getaway. I didn't expect that...

• Stayed October 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My daughter and i went during the week of October 13, 2014. We found the resort to be clean, filled with various activities for children and adults alike. Our room looked just like the pictures online daily because the housekeeping staff ensured that it did! The food and restaurant options were incredible. Loved the poutine and chicken wings at pub, the steak at the steak restaurant and the drinks were wonderful! My daughter absolutely enjoyed the slides in the kids section, games in the teen lounge along with the pool and beach area. We are definitely coming back and loved every moment of our trip!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms have the best view of the pool/beach area.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was at the Memories October 18th to 25th with my 14 year old God Daughter and it was an amazing time. The food was great, the rooms were really nice, the resort was clean and the staff were amazing. The only down fall was check in, it was a complete disaster and so chaotic, however, lets not dwell on the bad. My favorite part about this resort was the staff. I have to do a few shout outs, first and foremost was Abbigail who worked in the buffet. I can not stress enough how amazing she was our entire stay. She went out of her way, sometimes on her own time to make sure my god daughter and I had a truly authentic Bahamas vacation. Abbi did an amazing job in the restaurant and her personality was infectious and her smile always made us smile. We also have Joeleen, (Joe Jr.) she was amazing as well in the buffet restaurant. These two ladies really stood out on the resort and I hope they get promoted for there excellent hard work.

We then have the entertainment staff and who could not notice Tony the Tiger. he was always on, always hyper, talking to everyone. He was so much fun and really encouraged participation amongst us tourists. He was funny, polite, energetic and always made sure we had a good time. We also have Markimba (Mark JR) lol, she was so much fun. She always smiled and always made sure we were having fun. her personality was amazing and she made our trip really fun as well

My god daughter and I had a great trip and we really do miss the staff and of course being in the Bahamas. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: We had an end unit room facing the ocean so it was amazing. The check in sucked, but I would always...
Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Memories Grand Bahama Beach and Casino Resort? Share your experiences!