“bucket list,==dolphin experience” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Tours
Activities: Scuba diving, Swimming with dolphins, Snorkeling
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
baton rouge,la.usa
“bucket list,==dolphin experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Loved the whold trip,getting on and off boat,kinda hard for this 76yr old,but I managed,everyone so helpful,I was the first into the water with the dolphins,and my heart is still smiling ,from the experience,and will remain smiling for the rest of my lifetime. Thanks everyone at sanctuary bay.

baton rouge,la.usa
“Kissed by a Dolphin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

taking the Dolphin experince was a thrill of a lifetime. Thanks to unexso.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Best Excursion You'll Ever Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Our last port on our cruise was Freeport, the Bahamas, and my girlfriend picked swimming with the dolphins at UNEXSO. This was a lifelong dream of hers that finally came true. This place is AMAZING!!! We booked this one through the ship and although it was pricey, we did so being we would be leaving Freeport at 2:00pm and the ships guarantee that they wait for all ship purchased excursions to come back regardless if your late. UNEXSO is spotless. A great big gift shop with top quality merchandise that was priced fairly. We checked in and then boarded a boat that would take us out to the lagoon where the dolphins were. What scenery!!! You go through a channel, then out into the Atlantic Ocean and cruise along the beach for about 10 of the 20 minutes. Lots of great picture opportunities and lots of great knowledge and fun with our captain. As we exited the boat the dolphins were right there looking at us and very happy to see us. There were 12 of us total and 2 people at one time entered the water with two dolphins. You get to swim along side them and pet them, give them commands and then finally you get between each dolphin and they bring you to the trainers as a photographer takes pictures. Finally you get a kiss and a hug from the dolphins and they talk to you and splash at you saying goodbye. Really really cool!!! As I said prior, this was my girlfriends lifelong dream and I have to tell you, I'm so glad I did this because this was the best excursion I've ever done hands down. I will definitely visit this place again and you should to.

Concord, North Carolina
“Great Time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was a fantastic adventure. I love dolphins and we met a mother and 2 year old dolphin named Sebastian. They are incredible soft mammals and love to perform. They need a little cheering and applause. This is something I've always wanted to do and I can't wait to do it again!

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“good shop, restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Bought a great pair of badly needed sunglasses at the shop. Much better than the crap in the marketplace. Also had a drink and a bite which were solid.