“Great Time!!!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Freeport
Activities: Snorkeling, Swimming with dolphins, Scuba diving
More attraction details
Owner description: WHAT WE DO : SCUBA diving and certification, INTERACTIVE Dolphin Programs for all ages, SNORKEL Tours, and 500 sq. ft. retail store. WHO WE ARE: UNEXSO was founded in 1965 as a scuba diving club. Through the years UNEXSO has become world famous and known for pioneering the shark dive and dolphin dive in the Bahamas. UNEXSO offers introduction to diving, certification and advanced diving courses for individuals and superb group packages including hotel for dive groups. Courses are conducted in our 17' deep training pool with observation windows.UNEXSO also offers a variety of dolphin interaction programs, including the Dolphin Close Encounter, Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Dive. Additionally, we are the only facility in the Bahamas to offer an Open Ocean Swim with the Dolphins Program.UNEXSO is also home to Sun & Sea Outfitters, a 4,500 square foot retail store for all your clothing, gift, souvenir and dive equipment needs. Our store has long been the #1 shopping place for tourists and locals alike. Great selection of the newest styles at affordable prices.Don't forget to stop for a cool drink or great meal at the Dive In Bar & Grill, located poolside at UNEXSO, best Pina Colada in town !!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Concord, North Carolina
“Great Time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was a fantastic adventure. I love dolphins and we met a mother and 2 year old dolphin named Sebastian. They are incredible soft mammals and love to perform. They need a little cheering and applause. This is something I've always wanted to do and I can't wait to do it again!

Visited May 2012

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“good shop, restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Bought a great pair of badly needed sunglasses at the shop. Much better than the crap in the marketplace. Also had a drink and a bite which were solid.

Visited May 2012
Mobile, Alabama
10 attraction reviews
“Dolphin Bit My 6 Year Old!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Unfortunately, I have very Sad memories of this trip. I am not telling anyone not to do this (Dolphin Encounter) because it would have been absolutely wonderful if the dolphin hadn't bit my 6 year old daughter. We still love dolphins and have learned that they are a lot like dogs! Who know why he decided to bite her but he did. It was very scary and shocking. Completely ruined my time watching my daughter cry and be scared. She wonders why out of all the people and children he bit her. It breaks my heart. We all tried to put a happy face on and convince her that all was OK. We had to sign something saying we didn't need medical attention. There was really no apology or anything. The dolphin only left teeth marks and a bruise. When people ask us how our trip to the Bahamas was we immediately think of this happening. PS. We are a family of 5 and this encounter was not cheap!

LOUNEXSO, General Manager at UNEXSO, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
I apologize for the delay in responding to your review, but I wanted to investigate the matter first. We have no record of this incident at UNEXSO-The Dolphin Experience. I have personnally spoken to all of our dolphin staff at our facility at Sanctuary Bay and no one knows anything about this incident. Would you please contact me at 1-800-992-3483 so you can give me more details regarding this incident ? Thank you.

Linda Osborne
Birmingham, Alabama
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

After a lot of research and comparing reviews, I decided to go with Unexso. We left the cruise ship and found the tour guide, took a short bus and boat ride. Everyone was very hospitable! It is very obvious they love their job! We got in groups of 6 then got in the water. You go in groups of 2 and swim with your own dolphins. My boyfriend and I had Kayla and Exuma. I don't know how long we were in the water but it seemed like plenty of time, even though I could have swam with them all day! If you dive underwater, they go with you! The 6 people lined up, performed a trick with a dolphin, then got to pick one of the tricks we wanted to perform ourselves with the dolphin. Make sure to bring your camera! You can't take it in the water but the other people waiting to swim take the pictures. After swimming, the trainers had the dolphins do flips and big tricks. While waiting for the boat to take you back there are birds to take pictures with or you can walk by the dock and watch the dolphins training or just doing flips in the water for fun. The director of the facility came and talked to us while we were watching the training. The facility seemed reputable and he told us about the research they are currently working on with the dolphins. It was clear they are not there just for a tourist attraction! Yes, it is a lot of money but I would do it again tomorrow if I could!!!

“Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Swimming with the dolphins is a must do in the Bahamas. The adventure was the highlight of my trip. I would highly recommend to anyone!!