We stayed at the Marlin for a week in January. The unit we had was newly renovated, and very clean. It had a nice kitchenette (no oven) and all the items you would need for cooking.
1. Know that a studio (also called efficiency here ) does not have a balcony. Because the island is so quiet, and not much was going on at night, a balcony would have been very nice to have. You will need a one or two bedroom to get a balcony. The two bedroom is actually the door opened between the studio and one bedroom. so with a 2 bedroom you get 2 kitchen areas...great when booking with another family.
2. RENT A CAR. It was very reasonable (350 for the week, Hertz) and driving on the island, although on the left, was very easy. We were able to explore parts of the island we would not have been able to because we had one. Do not worry about the left side driving. Speed limits are very low (30 for trucks, 45 max for cars on the "highway") and there is hardly any traffic. It is an island with a very low population, so not so many cars. Also, all main roads are divided with a median, and the roundabouts easy to maneuver.
3. Visit Gold Rock Beach. I have been to many beautiful beaches, including ones in Hawaii, but this one is the best! You have to visit it at low tide. We were the only ones there...miles of beautiful, deserted beaches. It is across the street from Lucaya National Park. From there we continued to the end of the island and visited many other beautiful beaches. Again, we were the only one at every beach we went to. Collected conch shells, and relaxed.
4. Pack food in your suitcase. You will be in your bathing suit all day, so do not overpack clothes. We packed a small,collapsable cooler to carry lunches in for our day trips and it paid off. We brought tuna, sandwich rounds, crackers, peanut butter and jelly (packed into the cooler) and other snacks.
5. Pack your GPS. Ours worked on the island, and brought us to many wonderful places. Salomon's was the best place to buy groceries.
6. Bring enough reading materials. There is NO PLACE to buy books. The 2 "bookstores" they had on the island had a total of 30 books, and were mainly for student supplies.
7.Do not waste your time going to the International Marketplace. About 6 vendors were open, and the whole place was in disrepair. Go to the Lucaya Marketplace instead. Drove there every night for dinner...another reason to have a car. Saved on taking the water taxi.
8. Easy to get clean towels...the housekeeping room is open several hours a day so you can exchange linens. (no room service or daily cleaning for condos)
9. RENT A CAR..again , do not be a slave to the tours...we saved so much money visiting places on our own, and did it on our own timeline.
10. You can walk the beach to Junkaroo Beach. Tony Macaroni's is there....heard food is great, but got there late and it was packed so we did not eat there.
11. If you go with children , pack a small inner tube for each of them. There was only 3 at the pool, and no problem getting one, but also no children there. If children were there, it would have been a problem.
1.2 You can purchase bread and snacks and other food items across the street at Flamingo Bay Hotel.
Would highly recommend the Marlin! Lots of shade, never had to look for beach chair, and friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive Taino Beach Resort & Club offers owners all the comforts of home, but far, far away from any worries of home. With full kitchens, master bedrooms, and spacious patios, the whole family can enjoy their vacation. Views of the beach and pool. Ferry service to Port Lucaya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Taino Beach Resort & Clubs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taino Beach Resort And Clubs
- Taino Beach Resort & Clubs Hotel Freeport
- Ritz Beach Freeport
- Ritz Beach Hotel Freeport
- Ritz Freeport
- Freeport Ritz
- Taino Beach Resort & Clubs Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island