“Chad is the man!!” 5 of 5 stars

1-242-441-1639
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: This nature tour company uses small airconditioned buses to transport our guest to quaint remote island towns and beaches. While visiting these historical and beautiful places, we will meet the families and sample true island life. Our History, Geology, Culture, Flora & Fauna, and Christian beliefs are what we share. We will also use kayaks and boats to explore the unique and maginificent shallow waters of The Bahamas. Blue holes, coral reefs, mangrove creeks and turtle grass beds are all habitats for turtles, starfish, stingrays, nurse sharks, many species of fish, and numerous other marine creatures that are the highlight of our tours. we also provide a hot lunch on one of or many breathtaking beaches. Swimming and relaxing is a must. Fishing rods and snorkeling gear are optional.This combination of activities allows us the opportunity to offer a unique and amazing vacation experience in The Bahamas.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States
“Chad is the man!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife & I went on a cruise to the Bahamas & we book a snorkeling trip & a tour of the Islands. Chad with chad4nature was our tour guide. This guy is awesome he knows the ins & outs of the Islands. He is very friendly, very entertaining & has ALOT of knowledge about the Island. He is a guy who Loves his job & has never met a stranger. We 100% recommend a tour with chad4nature tours. We had a blast & will be returning to do this again soon.

Visited June 2012

Severn, Maryland
“We had a great day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We spent the day with Lamont on the East Island tour. It was such an enjoyable day. I had my husband and 17 year old daughter with me. My daughter thought it was fantastic and talked for hours about it later .Lamont made sure that everyone was enjoying their time kayaking, snokeling and exploring the island's most beautiful beaches and exciting destinations. I had been to Freeport before but this experience has given me a new appreciation for the Island. We had a small group of 6 in our van and spent the day with another 4 with another guide Ken who was also great. We also stopped for a local lunch on the beach which was one of the best meals we had on the island. Next time we'll do the West Island tour.

Visited July 2012
San Diego, California, United States
“What a great day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just got back from cruise to Bahamas with my sister and spent a day with Lamont from Chad4nature. Had read reviews and wanted to do something other than shore excursions offered from cruise line. Had a great day! He met us at the dock and we picked up a family of 4 from London--just 6 of us. It was Bahamian independence day so he combined the East and West tours company offers into one because locals would be going to beaches themselves. We started at Lucaya NP before the big tour busses came and were the only ones at nearby Gold Rock beach--beautiful place. Then a stop at old set of first Pirates of Caribbean movie and on to a local spot on East end for swim and lunch(included). Sat at bar at beautiful spot on beach and kept cool by breezes.So relaxing! Water was great and very few people there. To avoid crowds we went to a place closer to cruise port to kayak and snorkel. Had an hour to snorkel over blue hole and saw lots of fish. Water outside hole area was only about 4 feet deep so could take a break/stand up and then go swim over the hole again. We asked a lot of questions throughout the whole 5 hours and Lamont was happy to tell us more than just a memorized script. Memorable day and we highly recommend the services of this company.

Visited July 2012
Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I booked a Kayaking and Nature Excursion through a cruiseline for a day stop in Freeport.I was skeptical because sometimes I have found cruise sponsored excursions to be lacking.

Chad was our guide & I truly can't say enough nice things about him - super funny, very informative, friendly and very knowledgable about the island and it's flora and fauna. Our group had a couple small children (not with me) and he was very in tune to making sure those kids were taken care of.

After driving another 15-20 minutes we reached the Port Luyuca National Park. We were given a brief orientation and then we boarded our tandem kayaks. Chad stayed with the children and even helped a Mom with 3 by putting a young boy in his kayak with him. I had to laugh because this young boy asked Chad a million questions - he had alot of patience! Chad made sure our group was cool with him sticking close to the 2 Mom's with the young kids (of course no one minded).

We kayaked for 2.5 miles - about 1hr and 15 minutes through the mangroves. It was gorgeous! Kayaking - 2 to a kayak I learned I don't enjoy that much as I prefer to control my own destiny but it was still a great time. There was alot of manuvering and the path became so narrow in parts you had to take your paddle apart and just use one size.

We came to the end and we were about 15 minutes ahead of the rest of group. We enjoyed the beach area and waited for everyone to catch up. We were driven back to where we started where we boarded a very cool "Tom Sawyer" raft with a rope attached to the other side of the river and we were pulled across. We walked about 5 min down a long wooden boardwalk until we came to a gorgeous beach - I believe it was called Gold Rush Beach? Beyond beautiful!

Here they had a picnic lunch for us (cold cuts, cookies, fruit, tea/lemonade). We enjoyed the lunch and then had about an hour to enjoy the beach - sandbars, water, etc. There were starfish, the beach was beautiful - can't say enough about this spot.

There were about 9 raccoons at this area. Somewhat docile and very used to people. They wait to be fed from the lunch table - very cute and very odd. In the US when you have a raccoon hanging around like that in the daytime you would assume it was likely rabid. In the Bahamas - there is no rabies. Thank goodness!

We were then driven back by Chad to the cruiseship with 15 minutes to spare. Chad had a charming way of referring to the group - he called us "family" - thought it was very charming. Chad told us more about the island and answered lots of questions. I have to say both my husband I were greatly impressed. He was very intelligent and engaged - we learned so many new things about the Bahamas.

If I am ever in Freeport again I will certainly book another excursion through this company!

San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We so enjoyed our day out with LaMont. He took really good care of our group and was helpful, informative and personable. He gave us so much good info about the island. Chad, I hope your back feels better soon.

Visited June 2012