We just returned from a 5 nights stay at Grand Lucayan. The hotel location is perfect across the street from the Marketplace and right on the beach. We stayed in the one of the island view rooms and it was perfect. The room was on the 4th floor, facing the tennis courts. It was very quiet, there was no noise at all except the sound of tennis balls on the tennis court either later in the day (after 4pm usually) or in the morning (never earlier than 9am). We could hear the balls only if we were staying on the balcony, otherwise we could hear no noise at all. We talk to several people that were staying in ocean front rooms and they were complaining about the noise every morning (hotel staff cleaning the pools, cutting bushes and grass, combing the beach at 6am, etc). We were glad we did not pay the upgrade to an ocean view room after talking to these people.
Our room was big and very clean. The refrigerator in the room came in very handy. We bought water bottles and had cold water available to us at all times. The balcony was large and private, we could not see our neighbors. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner. It was not a huge bathroom, but it was large enough so you do not feel like being in a box.
The pools were very clean and there were plenty of chairs by all the pools in the resort and also on the beach. The hotel staff was more than friendly and they went above and beyond to accommodate all our needs. The drinks at the bar were also good and promptly served after ordering them. A cocktail was $7.50, a virgin margarita was $6.50 and a beer was $5. It could get on the pricier side at the end of the day, but it was not outrageous after all. The restaurants on site offer plenty of food options, but I would recommend crossing the street to the Marketplace and eat there (plenty of restaurants with lots of food options at cheaper prices than the food inside the hotel complex). There is a very nice fitness center on site and a nice spa. Internet is also free in the room (wired, not wireless). If you do not bring your laptop and still want to use the Internet, they have a business center in the Manor House, above the reception, where there are 4 desktops computers for guests to use at all times.
The hotel grounds were extremely clean and well maintained. We enjoyed our stay a lot and we are already considering going back at the end of May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lucayan is an elegant, serene AAA four-diamond resort set on 7.5 tropical acres of sandy coastline and spectacular oceanfront. As part of Grand Lucayan Bahamas Beach & Golf Resort, this 542-room hotel delivers the ambiance of the islands with all of the style and amenities you expect in a Resort destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Splendia, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Lucayan, Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Hotel Freeport
- Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya Resort
- Radisson Freeport
- Lucaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Our Lucaya
- Sheraton Bahamas
- Grand Lucayan, Bahamas Freeport, Grand Bahama Island