We stayed here for 5 days at the end of March. Having already read reviews of the hotel we were not surprised when we saw our rooms. There was an overall appearance of neglect. The tiled floors were chipped and looked grotty. The bathroom was basic with hair dryer but again a bit worn looking. However we had clean towels every day and the apartment was cleaned every day. There was no issue with the cleanliness of the place.
There was a small kitchen but not enough utensils and crockery to call it self-catering. There was also no tea towel provided. However sachets of coffee, dried milk and sugar were supplied every day.
The walls were paper thin; we could hear people in adjacent apartments.
However I have to say that considering the price, it was generally OK.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The nearby beach was absolutely beautiful, clean and fairly quiet. The restaurant on the beach was a great place to eat and drink with fabulous views over the sea.
The pool was huge, although we didn't spend much time there as we prefer the beach and swimming in the sea. The bar in the cave on the pool was quite different to anything I have seen abroad and a good place for refreshments. There was also a brilliant slide.
Overall a beautiful place to spend a holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Bay Hotel And Marina
- Flamingo Bay Yacht Hotel Marina
- Flamingo Bay Yacht Club
- Flamingo Bay Resort Bahamas
- Flamingo Bay Hotel
- Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flamingo Bay Hotel, adorned by the beautiful emerald green Bell Channel Waterway, is part of three Taino Beach Resort & Clubs properties on Grand Bahama Island. Guests enjoy full use of the largest pool on the island, beach and business center with free WiFi in the lobby. It is a reasonably priced alternative to the larger resorts. Standard features include king rooms and two full size beds in double rooms with small kitchenettes. Full service Marina offering 25 dockage slips. Beauty Salon , Convenience Store, Laundry, Ocean Front Restaurant & Watersport Activity Center on site.A unique & scenic water taxi ride away from Port Lucaya Marketplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.