My husband and I are former residents of GBI and have made numerous trips back, the past three staying at the Viva Fortuna. Our past visit was September 24th through October 2nd, celebrating our 42nd wedding anniversary.
Would like to begin by expressing how courteous and helpful Alexander Welch was during our booking process. We had numerous contacts via e-mail prior to our arrival and everything we requested from Mr. Welch was provided plus more. Thank You.
Here are our comments:
(1) My husband is a diver and was very impressed by the dive shop facilities, the staff and the dive locations. Particularly want to mention the great service from the staff in the dive shop.
(2) We had a beautiful oceanview room, (as confirmed by Mr. Welch prior to our arrival) and were provided with a platter of cheese, crackers and fresh fruit along with a complimentary bottle of champagne. Again, thank you.
(3) Unfortunately, for most of the time we were at Viva Fortuna the speciality restaurants were closed. Bamboo restaurant did not open and Viva restaurant was open for three nights during our stay. Food in Viva was good and service excellent. Junkanoo restaurant is a case of "hit and miss". One evening, when a chef was actually slicing and serving ribs was wonderful. So nice to have the personal touch. However, on another evening the food was so bad it was almost inedible.
(4) Beach location is beautiful and we were very impressed with the racking of the beach every day.
(5) In general the evening shows presented by the staff are good. However, we feel that the Latin show was out of place. Why not have a Bahamian theme evening show. After all, this is Bahamas not Mexico!!
(5) We had previously written a review after our past visit during the New Year 2009 and stated that we thought the resort lacked the Bahamian feeling, i.e., Bahamian culture is not evident and there is a lack of Bahamian music. The manager at that time, Roberto, said they were working on these issues. However, this is still our feeling after this visit.
Remember this is the Bahamas!
In general, another wonderful stay. We have heard that Sunland Lutheran School is planning a reunion for classes of 60's, 70's and 80's and inasmuch as our three boys attended Sunland during the 70's we are working of them returning to Freeport at that time with their families. Of course, grandparents will have to accompany them!!!
If this trip does occur, we all plan on staying at Viva Fortuna.
Again, thank you Alexander for your courteous service.
Denise and Ray Smith.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Hotel Freeport
- Wyndham Hotel Freeport
- Wyndham Freeport
- Viva Fortuna
- Freeport Wyndham
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort
- Club Viva Fortuna
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island