“Great Family Time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

Save Saved
You added Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach to your Saves list
Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Doubloon Rd. & Churchill Dr., Freeport, Grand Bahama Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 18 hotels in Freeport
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Family Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First off let me say I traveled with 9 other family members, we had 4 rooms total. My parents had an ocean front room that offered a spectacular view of the ocean. My husband and I stayed in room 3125 at the back of the resort (it's a LONG walk carrying your luggage, be prepared). The room was ok ~ it was clean, water was hot and the A/C kicked butt. That's all we were looking for, didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. My brother and his family had to move to a new room 1/2 way through their stay as the shower head broke off, but the staff was very accommodating and acted quickly. My sister and her family on the other hand asked repeatedly for a phone that worked, the A/C didn't work and she had to manipulate the front door to get it to stay locked! Like I said though, we went for the outdoor activities.
The snack bar at the beach was a great place to grab lunch or drinks, the staff there was very friendly. They served hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken , fries and all the fixings every day. The smaller kids (7 and 9) helped themselves conveniently.
Pool and beach were fantastic, towel exchange is kind of a pain, as they seem to run out more often than they are stocked, but I had brought my own. They also offer a lot of water activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, etc. Snorkel masks are limited and the ones they have really need to be replaced, I would suggest bring your own. Snorkeling was wonderful right off the beach.
Viva Pizza was fantastic, some of the best pizza I’ve ever had. The buffet dining hall can get a little warm, I’d recommend sitting by a window if you can. We made reservations in the sit down restaurants as often as possible, they have a complete wait staff and air conditioning during dinner hours.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are newly renovated or newer.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

2,799 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Freeport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Freeport is beautiful. This resort is terrible. Trash all over their private beach, "entrance" smells like urine and has piles of trash everywhere. Paint is peeling in the rooms and common areas. The staff is fairly knowledgable and seems embarrassed. Never again, Wyndham, never again.

Stayed July 2014
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Just came back from a 5day/4night stay via groupon. Overall, I had an amazing trip.

But let me start with the bad. The food in the buffet was like buffet food. I normally do not eat at buffets anyway. I do not like food that has been sitting out all day nor do I like insects, flies, or birds around my food. We also had "reservations" at the Asian and Italian restaurants. Our reservation at the Ukrainian restaurant was for 8:30pm. We arrive and were seated promptly. But that is the only good thing I can say. By 9:00pm, we had only received 1 glass of water and some dry, disgusting bread (the bread at the buffet is delicious though). We decided to leave and just eat at the buffet. While at the buffet we spoke to the Asst Chef, Shaun, who went in the back and made a speciality dish for us. It was amazing and delicious. Marcus, who also works in the dining hall was exceptional as well. There are not many healthy options. But the fries from the beach bar were really good but that's about it. The pizzeria pizza is delicious.

Drinks
Drinks were watered down at first. But once we talked to the bartenders after the first day, they were strong and right. Giovanni, Marcus, Mark, Deangelo, and Farritino always made sure our cups were full!

Entertainment
Tons of stuff to do at the resort and there are nearby excursions. Every wed is the island fish fry too. Also, the best entertainment is the beach. It's absolutely breath taking.

Cleanliness
Not enough wash cloths and towels! I can say the rooms were cleaned everyday. The staff work long hours and multiple jobs but they were for the majority always pleasant.

Overall, I had a great time but I think it's what you make it. It's a 3 star, so don't expect 5 star treatment. Also, it's all inclusive, through my experience all inclusive usually equates to "ok" service. If you want to be pampered stay somewhere else. If you just want a getaway for a reasonable price, this is a great option.

• Stayed July 2014
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Worst Vacation I've ever been on. Paid advance for transfers from airport, never picked up. Lobby hot and staff rude. Groupon said we'd get king bed, none available only queen. Linens soiled, shower didn't work, toilet over flowed, furniture broken, got only one set of towels, no wash rags or hand towels, had to pay staff a $1 for clean towels, main eating area hot no air, flies in food, canned food no fresh items, told other restaurants booked but really just closed, 1 choice only for lunch, mattress had blood on it, staff unhappy with management, Vacation Express rep said this has been going on for long time and she couldn't help us. Trying to get Vacation Express to return calls or answer emails. Groupon offered refund (good company). Shame on Wyndham Hotels for leaving property on Groupon. Ruined our whole trip.

Room Tip: Don't go there would be the only tip.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Customer

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this site.

We regret that your experience with us was not a positive one and apologize for not meeting your expectations.

We take our guest’s opinions very serious and therefore rest assured that your comments will be taken as valid points that will assist us in our commitment to continue improving the quality of our services for our future guest.

Once again, thank you for your time and valuable comments.

Best Regards,

Massimo Carugati
Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked this all-inclusive resort through Cheap Caribbean.com. We were very happy with the service, quality, and location. It is close to Port Lucaya center with shopping and entertainment. The beach is private, and a great place to relax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Me and my wife stayed here last month and prior to i read the reviews on this site. Nothing but horror stories so I went in assumming its a chance we may not enjoy ourselves but I was wrong. We have a ocean front view which I read is a must for this place. The rooms where nice not excellent but nice. Food was ok. Few choices mess hall, pizza spot, beach bar (yes flies are present but its outside what do you expect) or make reservations at the two restaurants on site. The drinks where good, my wife nor I are heavy drinkers but they where good enough. They really party everynight after there shows that they have even Sundays lol. Its a bunch to do besides sit around on the beach or in your room. We are thrillseekers so we rode waverunners, sailing, kayaak, snorkiling, etc. We have ran into another couple who didnt like there room nor had a good time, said they came on a cruise and had a better time in the past. We had no problems and no complaints. EVERYBODY EXPERIENCE IS DIFFERENT. Also remember most people who have good service don't complain which explains the reviews on here. This was our first time in the Bahamas so we couldn't compare it to anything else really. Some people who are used to 5 star resorts may not enjoy themselves, those who are not thrillseekers or into outdoor activities may not as well. For the price we paid we got our monies worth and more will return in the future maybe with the family.

Room Tip: ocean front view room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Ok so my best friend and I just returned from here on sat, we stayed from June 21st thru June 28th. After reading all the reviews before we left we almost went somewhere else. I am glad that we didnt. Being a seasoned traveller myself from staying at all inclusive resorts I decided to go with an open mind...
We got excellent service from house keeping, got fresh towels every day. They fixed our toilet when we needed them to, the room was cleaned every day. We got bottled water in our rm and cans of soda every day without asking for it.
For the beach towels u r given a towel card that if u lost it would cost u $10. That was probably like that so no one nicked the towels.
I beach bar was great, the bartenders were excellent we always got cups with more alcohol than we could manage.
The beach was very very nice. The local lady doing hair braiding was a bit annoying but the drug dealers left us alone. Plenty of chairs though u had to get there early for the shade. People would fight u for that haha.
The dining hall food was ok, we never got sick from it. My only complaint was it was repetative. We did the Italian restaurant twice and the bamboo once. I really liked both. The waitresses in both restaurants were excellent. The late night pizza bar was Def worth the wait.
The shows were funny but the trapeze show was excellent. Big shout out to dylan, and all the others that made out stay so good. Tino, carlos, gail and patty. Oh and leverne on the grill in the morning and lunchtime. Just eat what she cooks u will be fine.
Yes there are a few flies and afew birds but with the door constantly opening what do u expect from a hot county.
Over all my friend and I had a fab time. Once they have finished their upgrades we will def be bk, for the money u pay if was great...

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach? Share your experiences!