This was my fourth trip since 2009 to this resort. It was to be my one-year anniversary trip, but unfortunately my husband did not wake up on Jan. 6. After much thought, I decided to go anyway. Why? Because I feel totally safe at this resort, for starters.
I was there from April 21 through April 28. I had a room on a ground floor, with a view of the ocean by the beach rental area. This resort was extremely quiet, and as they say, just what the doctor ordered.
I have to agree with some other comments that the people at the front desk, who are the first people you see, really need an attitude adjustment. They are annoyed if you walk up to the desk and they have to pause their conversation with their co-worker. That was the only downside on this trip.
I found my room very clean, with plenty of towels and supplies. Each day, fresh towels replaced the dirty ones, and I have no complaints whatsoever with the housekeeping staff. She went out of her way to be accomodating. The bed was a little too soft for this old back, but I knew that from before. The shower had excellent water pressure, and extremely hot water.
I ate at the buffet and had snacks from the beach bar. The food wasn't as good as I've had at other all-inclusives, but was improved, in my opinion, since I was there in 2011. They even grilled mussels one night, and they were simply delicious.
The staff (other than the front desk) is wonderful! They made me feel very comfortable, and if they see you sitting alone in the buffet, they join you. I knew I would be alone on this trip, but having people to converse with did help. I met some awesome people around the pool, and enjoyed their company very much.
The sun was beautiful for all days but one, and the temperature was just right. There are always plenty of lounges at the pool and on the beach. The vendors will take "no, thank you" for what it means, and do not bother you.
Will I go back? Absolutely! I truly do not understand all of the negativity in some of the posts I read. I was very happy with my first ever solo vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Hotel
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Hotel Freeport
- Wyndham Hotel Freeport
- Wyndham Freeport
- Viva Fortuna
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna
- Freeport Wyndham
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort
- Club Viva Fortuna
- Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.