“Good all-inclusive for great price..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

Save Saved
You added Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach to your Saves list
Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Doubloon Rd. & Churchill Dr., Freeport, Grand Bahama Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 18 hotels in Freeport
Coral Springs, Florida
“Good all-inclusive for great price..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was surprised at the good value for money this hotel offers in the Bahamas. The rooms are basic but clean... the food is good though lacking in variety if compared to other all-inclusive hotels I visited. Overall the food and drinks are free if considered the all-inclusive rate is lower than other hotels that doesn't offer all-inclusive.

The day before I arrived they installed a WiFi system to cover all the rooms... Prior to this internet was only available in the common areas... THIS IS A GREAT IMPROVEMENT and elevates this hotel to position number 1 of my list of preferred places to stay while working in Grand Bahamas island!

For business travelers you have to deal with the additional distance to travel daily but its well worth it in the end.

Though this hotel isn't the most luxurious its definitively the best value for money I have found in the Bahamas this far..

Room Tip: Book on internet for best prices. The beach rooms are not much more expensive.. well worth the extr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
VivaWyndhamFortuna1, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to say thank you for choosing Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach as your vacation destination.
We are glad to read how you enjoyed your experience here with us not only the amenities that we provide also the services that we are implementing in all our resort we new and renew WIFI System and more activities also for guest to enjoy, and make their experience unique in Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach.
Once again we would like to say thank you for your opinion and comments for others future guests to read about our Facilities amenities and services. Our returning guests are the most valuable to us therefore it would really be a pleasure to see you again.

Kindest regards,

2,676 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach for 6 days, Feb 11 to Feb 16, 2013. The rooms were clean and some staff where friendly. The food at the buffet was not bad but they took to long to replenished any of the food. If you wanted beer they had to go to the bar to get it. They have two La carte restaurants one was Italian and Asian. The Italian was good but the Asian one was horrible the shrimp was rotten. The beach was nice and to walk on. We made the best out of the time that we were there. I won't recommend this to anyone I know and I wouldn't recommend this to others as well. This is what you get for when your staying at a 3 star resort. You get what you paid for. I have learnt my lesson.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VivaWyndhamFortuna1, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to start with a thank you, for visiting Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach resort as your vacation destination.

We apologize for not meeting up to your standards and expectations. However, concerning our food and beverage departments, each guest is unique and has different expectations. Our cuisine offers a great variety of options every day in meats, pasta, fish, salads, desserts and appetizers; and we have never received any other type of call about our Beverage either. Although we truly regret you could not find something of your preference.

We regret not having an opportunity to meet with you while you were on property, not to mention systems in place to address each concern as they arise. More importantly, we believe that our invaluable clients are deserving of a worry-free vacation.

Also, we apologize for unfortunate situation that may occurred wilts your stay in our Beach property yet we do have security on call 24/7, so if there does become an issue we contact our security and they deal with the situation.

Although we cannot change what has happened in the past, we will utilize your comments for improvement in the future; Yet we would like to mention that its has been plenty of changes since Nov. 2012 to date, starting from our Main Restaurant and they speciality nights with more variety and more update also in breakfast and Lunch menus between others.

On behalf of the staff and management here at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach, we would like to apologize once more for the uncomfortable experience you encountered with us, yet we would like to thank you for your hospitality and honest review.

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

after Nassau, Freeport is really the perfect location to slow down and to enjoy Bahamas. the Viva Wyndham is great pace to stay. food is ok, people are nice, beach is perfect, water activities like snorkeling possible (and inclusive). only one thing: beds are not stable enough for honey moon couples ;-)

Room Tip: if you are not happy with the room you got, ask for another one.
Brighton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

So for weeks prior to going to viva fortuna beach, I read the reviews. I do believe that most people are just too picky and maybe a bit spoiled...you know, want a lot for nothing. We had rainy weather and not very warm temperatures...no fault at all of viva wyndham. The beach was absolutely gorgeous which was the whole reason for our vacations.....to get away from snow and go to the beach! Our first room was a garden view room but we had paid for an ocean view room. The telephone did not work in the room nor did the hot water in the shower (although the hot water did work in the sink). They changed our room to an ocean view and it did have working hot water and working phone. We had to wait 2 hours for clean washcloths and towels as our new room had just been vacated. The food was what one should expect from a buffet. A decent selection, not everything was great but not one of us ever left a meal hungry. The burgers are great and the pasta salad was a huge hit. I found the drinks sufficient...after all we went there to enjoy the beach, not to get drunk. The coffee in the main bar was fantastic! The entertainment staff did a great job. They were very good at keeping everyone entertained and laughing. My kids loved it. I found all of the staff to be incredibly friendly. All in all, a great little getaway although now I hear march and April are the best months to come...warm and dry. I would go back especially for the price and because its not too far of a trip.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for ocean view room....you can hear the ocean best that way
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived by cruise to stay at the "all inclusive" hotel for 2 days an even though it wasn't a bad place to stay it could be a lot better if it was more put together and freshened up.

This is the first time I ever thought about reviewing anything and believe me I'm always positive Peggy so even writing this should say something.

Cons:
Bathrooms- they were in need of the most work, the shower head was broke, the sink had a huge crack that was just glued back together, the fixtures didn't match at all, everything was poorly fixed. Our toilet stopped working 3 times, and the phone in the room didn't work at all which isn't ideal when your in the furthest building from the main office an cant call to take advantage of the free room service or ask any questions. The view we had was of a chain link fence with a broke down car on the other side with tons of trash all around.
Not to mention the coffee maker was in the bathroom less than half a foot from the toilet which is a little gross lol

Time management-
We arrived at 9:30 by shuttle from the cruise ship an had to wait till 3:00 pm exactly before we could check in, which is very frustrating. especially when you only have a day an a half at the hotel, It was nice that they put our luggage in storage for us an allowed us to use all the hotel amenities but if we needed clothes to change into after using the amenities, like the pool etc we had to go check out luggage from storage room (if you could find the bell man) then get it out open it on the sidewalk get clothes, go change, then come out clothes back in, it was just a hassle so me an my husband basically did nothing for 5 1/2 hours but walk around an look at the beautiful waters so it was more frustrating then horrible, but still.

Excursions:
Not many to choose from that are considered fun or reasonable, swimming with the dolphins is almost $200 a person an you only get a very very small amount of time with them. Also if you came by cruise usually you only have the day an half there and most of the excursions are only offered a certain day of the week and by the time you get to check into your room the first day the excursions are over for the day.

Shows & activities: there is not much to do after dark an the stuff there is to do like the shows, aren't that kid friendly, even though we didn't bring our young son I saw many parents that did bring their children, getting up an leaving due to the sexual and inappropriate things being done an said over an over again which would make me think twice about bringing our son back when he got older.

Food: you get what you pay for I guess. The "all inclusive" resort title made us excited and quick to upgrade and pay the extra $400 dollars that we did because we thought it would be more beneficial considering the food, drinks & activites were "included". The buffet food is the same foods over and over everyday an kind of got old and didn't really taste that great but it wasn't the worse either I guess. The restaurants they do offer you have to make reservations for and they book fast. We got reservations for one night bc we were tired of the buffet food an the Italian food restaurant was the same stuff as the buffet mostly, the pizza was the same an the stuff that was different, like the ravioli I got was only 5 small ravioli pieces in a huge plate so I left hungry anyways...and last but not least the "free" drinks were nothing great they were all premade with only a little bit of alcohol added on top an mixed in and they are served in a cafeteria plastic cup that makes it feel nothing like a fun relaxing vacation.

All in all the beautiful sand an water make up for most of the little annoying and frustrating parts of the stay here and most of the people were really outgoing an nice, the area outside of the hotel is pretty run down an under developed but like I said its wasn't horrible & we made the best of the alone time together but would I go back? Probably not.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest

First of all we apologize for not meeting up to some of your standards and expectations. However, concerning our food and beverage departments, each guest is unique and has different expectations. Our cuisine offers a great variety of options every day in meats, pasta, fish, salads, desserts and appetizers. Although we truly regret you could not find something of your preference; and regarding about our rooms we would like to let you know that we have in progress a renovation system for near future to make sure that each guest has the greatest and unique experience in their most waited vacations.

Also, we apologize for any situation that may occurred whilst in our property, like the your opinion about the nightly shows and excursions yet we would like to let you know that we have fallowed with our procedures and make sure to let the personnel responsible aware of for due better for guest to enjoy fully.

On behalf of the staff and management here at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach, we would like to apologize once more for the experience you encountered with us, yet we would like to thank you for your hospitality and honest review.

General Manager.
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach for 7 days, Feb 8 to 15, 2013 we found the rooms very clean, the maids very friendly, the food in the buffet restaruant was good, but some of the staff was not very friendly . The beach was beauiful and we walked for long time on it everyday. The sea was cold, but once in it was o.k. THe pool was cold. The weather was windly but Sunny every day except Valentines day. Entertainment was o.k. Overall, if your looking just to relax perfect place. I would come back again. The price was right.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort for your vacation destination.

It is always a pleasure to read how our guests enjoyed their vacation experience with us at our resort and the amenities provided for you all as well as the activities, food and our beautiful beach.

On behalf of the staff and management, we would like to thank you once more for your honest review and for staying here at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach.

White Plains, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been in Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach during 2012 November..We got a deal from Groupon- which was dissatisfaction since I realized the amount we paid to Groupon was the regular price of the hotel..

In our first day, to check-in they made us wait long in the queue then they realized actually we had to wait in another line..We started with negative attitude...once we get in the room - my expectation was not high at all..I was expecting warmer at least..There was no hot water!!! We had to make several phone calls..Even we talked with one of the manager to able to make it fixed..

Food...I am sorry but even my expectation is low, I can definitely say the price and the quality you receive do not match at all...the only thing I could eat was the Pizza which is served at midnight and the burgers at the pool bar.. Breakfast, lunch, dinner nothing was tasty..There were choices, not many but at least there were choices but all was bad...When I remember my stomach gets upset..Don't expect to see clean and hygienic environment..

Drink..I didn't enjoy the drinks at the hotel as well, even unlimited alcohol I couldn't drink much..Drinks they were not good at all..I didn't like the tequila, rum and beer..I drank couple of times but just to be drunk and not to realize the hotel..

Our sunglasses & some cash stolen from the beach - from the VIP section - and when we asked for help..They were just insensible..And they said the beach is not belonging to hotel..There is nothing they could do..We made several call again.. But just they ignored..

Bahamas itself nice to go but try not to go this hotel..Or be aware you won't be receiving what you pay..If you get really nice deal maybe you can enjoy... You have to keep expectation realllllllyyyyyy low.

Why I gave 2 stars just because of the view the hotel has and the beach...The rest was dissatisfaction..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

First of all we would like to apologize for not meeting up to your standards and expectations. However, concerning our food and beverage departments, each guest is unique and has different expectations. Although we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our Italian Cousin and we will pass your opinion and comment to our Chefs to get better in our Oriental Restaurant.

Although we cannot change what has happened in the past, we will utilize your comments for improvement in the future. Yet we are thankful that you all had a good time wilts in Grand Bahama Island.

Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

Been to Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach? Share your experiences!