We had a great time at the Ocean Reef. Everyone there is amazing and really make you feel special...from the front desk (in particular Ms. Janelle), to the concierge desk, security, Hayward the preferred driver of the resort, the cleaning service..their big smiles and polite ways made our trip special. The resort is an older resort...but it is reasonably priced relative to what you are getting. It isn't the Ritz, nor do they charge like the Ritz! The island offers a lot - our favorite restaurants are Flying Fish, Sabor and Pier 1 (shark feeding while you eat on the pier - amazing sushi). We also like the buffet breakfast at Willy Broadleaf at the Grand Lucayan resort. Our favorite activity is the horseback riding on the beach with Linda and Chris at Pine Tree Stables - magical experience - twice in two years for us! I recommend Banana Bay beach and Paradise Cove in terms of beaches. Hope this is helpful! You really need to rent a car to drive around the island...the resort has great rental deals. If you don't, you are stuck at the resort and will not be happy with the experience. Place is perfectly fine, but wouldn't want to be there all day as there is not enough to do and beach is a few miles away.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island