We actually did not have a bad stay at ORYC. The staff was friendly, room was nice and amenities were okay. Definitely a nice place to relax. HOWEVER, at ALL costs, AVOID, DO NOT ATTEND the sales presentation on this property by the marketing team of APEX INTERNATIONAL MARKETING!! They did not mislead us, we did not misunderstand their intentions, they OUTRIGHT LIED TO US!! We did not find out about their deceit until 5 days after we got home and conveniently 4 days AFTER the opportunity to cancel our contract. As smooth as they are in the sales room they are just as good at playing dumb and trying to make it sound like we misunderstood. We have done our best to work with them to make this right but its been impossible. We refuse to pay another cent, we have filed our intentions to rescind the contract based on extreme misrepresentation of facts. One of the Sales guys even called our room one night to ask to borrow money!!
Our Apex International Marketing Scam team is....Lolita, Jewel Hana, EJ (Edgar Roberts II), Reggie and Bryant Pompey (Director of Marketing for AIM)
Our main objective now is to spare others from going through this experience. We would love to hear from other travellers who may have experienced the same thing at this resort. We have found a couple already!!
I wouldn't discourage you from staying at this resort....just STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE SALES ROOM!!
Don't hesitate to contact me for complete details of our experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island