This is our second trip to Grand Bahama Island and we stayed here at the ORYC 10 years ago. At the time, the three story condo complex was brand new. I'm not sure if they have done much maintenance since, but it is in desparate need of repaire.
If you are coming down from the US and you want to cook a few dinners, you should pack and bring your own meats. The groceries here on the island are very expensive and the meats will not be up to the standards you are used to in the US.
If you are bringing steaks, don't plan to grill them - they have some charcoal grills at the resort, but charcoal on the island is very expensive and they don't have starter fluid (that we could find).
The water supply in our condo is very slow (a trickle much of the time in the kitchen) and the hot water takes forever to get warm - I haven't gotten hot water yet.
Plan your vacation and try to rent a car. The cars available at the resort are older and not well maintained, so it might be worth the difference in price to rent from the airport. If you stay here you will need a car for everything unless you want to spend a lot for taxies.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island